Finding quality dental care can be a difficult task, and many people forgo trips to the dentist entirely. In fact, half of all Americans do not receive regular oral health care. However, if you are among those who avoid dental care for reasons pertaining to cost and inconvenience, DentalPlans.com may help you return to the dentist.
DentalPlans.com features a searchable database of discount plans, alternatives to dental insurance that can help you save money on dental care, including cleanings, fillings, and many other procedures. The site offers access to affordable, quality dental care, a member’s newsletter which includes additional discounts, and a virtual library containing articles on all things pertaining to your overall health.
How It Works
By entering your ZIP code on the homepage, DentalPlans.com will search for the best plan in your area according to one of two criteria: plan type or dentist.
If you search by plan, you are provided with a list of discount dental plans available in your area. While most plans have discounts that apply to most major procedures, some plans offer discounts on cosmetic services, such as teeth whitening, bonding, and veneers. If you search by dentist, a list is displayed of local dentists who are eligible for at least one of the available plans.
Lastly, you can click the “Help Me Find a Plan” button to help you find the best plan for your dental care needs. This tool allows you to select up to five dental procedures that you’re looking to save on. You’ll be provided with a list of sample fees for the top five plans in your area based on the dental procedures you need most. The number of participating dentists in your area who offer these plans are also listed under the column, “Participating Dentists.”
Plans start at $79.95 per year and come with a 30-day refund policy. Once your plan is active, make an appointment at the dentist, present your membership card, and you’ll enjoy on-the-spot savings.
- Cost Savings. DentalPlans.com offers savings from 10% to 60% on most dental procedures by utilizing one of their plans.
- Variety of Plans. The website offers more than 30 plans for individuals or families, and even has business and group options. There are also plans for savings on vision, hearing, chiropractic services, and prescriptions.
- Allows You to Keep Your Current Dentist. You can check if your current dentist is a participating provider, and add to the savings you receive without going to a new dentist.
- Custom Help. Whether it is a checkup, cleaning, or a lengthy procedure, the “Help me Find a Plan” feature can steer you in the right direction based on your dental care needs.
- User Friendly. You can get started by entering your ZIP code and nothing more, and DentalPlans.com will display comparison charts of multiple plans. Once you’ve selected your plan, you can print your membership card right away. The site also has the “Help Me Find a Plan,” where you can get instant access to local dentists depending on the type of procedures you need most.
- Offers Perks. The site is currently offering an extra three months on any plan, free of charge.
- No Waiting Periods. Most traditional dental insurance plans require waiting periods for major procedures, such as root canals and braces fittings. With DentalPlans.com, most discount dental plans activate within three business days, significantly reducing the waiting period.
- No Annual Limits. Unlike dental insurance, discount dental plans do not have annual limits. You can use your plan as often as necessary.
- Many Dentists in Network. The site offers the widest range of participating dentists in any network, with more than 100,000 providers.
- Compatible With Existing Insurance. You can utilize a discount dental plan as a companion to your current health insurance. If you’ve reached your annual limit, sign up for a plan and reduce your out-of-pocket expenses for the remainder of the year.
- No Discounts for Out-of-Network Dentists. To take advantage of the savings, you must choose one of the 100,000+ participating, in-network dentists.
- Discount Amounts May Vary. Discounts listed on Sample Fee Schedules are averages based on the 2010 Survey of Sample Average National Dental Fees costs of dental services, but some plans/programs may vary by dentist. For specific discounted fees for these plans/programs, you can call DentalPlans.com Customer Service at 855-829-5032.
- Limited When Used as a Supplement to Dental Insurance. Discount dental plans can be used as a supplement to dental insurance, but only once you’ve reached your annual limit with your insurance provider. Determine if this is a cost-effective option for your needs.
- Limited Discounts on Cosmetic Procedures. Only select plans offer discounts on cosmetic dentistry.
- No Online Reviews or List of Qualifications for Dentists. The site does not feature any online reviews or qualifications of in-network dentists. You’ll need do this research on your own.
Keep in mind that discount dental plans are not dental insurance. Rather, they offer a way to save on a la carte services in lieu of paying a monthly premium. Whether you need a checkup, cleaning, or major procedure, you could potentially save a great deal of money with a discount dental plan from DentalPlans.com.
How often do you visit the dentist? Have you used DentalPlans.com to save money?