This is the day that I’ve been waiting for. I’ve had an ING Direct online savings account for about 4 years now, and I’ve had an ING online checking account for about two years. We love having both, because we can set up as many sub-savings accounts as we want for various different savings goals, and we can have a debit card for the checking account which allows us to instantly transfer funds from the savings account to the checking account to be used on our debit card. Prior to now, we had to remember to make that transfer to the checking account on a computer or try to navigate through the website on the mobile Safari browser on my iPhone. ING has FINALLY developed a new iPhone and Blackberry app that easily allows you to transfer money from one account to another, pay bills online, and check your balances.
Here’s a full list of the features:
- Person2Person Payments: This feature allows customers to quickly and easily send money to existing contacts in their P2P address book. This takes the hassle out of transferring money and makes the whole process faster.
- Account Summary: The summary displays all the accounts and account details such as account number, balance, and transaction summary and details. With instant access to all your account information it will help keep you organized and on top of your payments.
- Transfer Money: Allows customers to transfer money between their Electric Orange, Orange Savings, and linked external checking accounts. To learn more about these accounts and what they do, click here.
- Bill Pay: Customers can manage their Bill Pay preferences, which they can establish through ING DIRECT’s website.
- Refer a Friend: Much like referring friends via the website, mobile users are able to send a referral E-mail from the palm of their hand.
- Flip for Fun (iPhone only): Turning the iPhone sideways provides one touch access to all of ING DIRECT’s social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, We the Savers, and YouTube.
I’m a big fan of ING Direct, because of the ease of use of their website, the ability to add sub-savings accounts, and their easy bill pay service. Adding the mobile app that allows me to instantly transfer money from one account to another all from my phone only makes it better.