Whether you need marketing materials for an upcoming ad campaign at work, invitations for your kid’s birthday party, or even canvas prints of your favorite vacation photos, UPrinting is worth checking out.
UPrinting is an online commercial printing service that can handle the size and scope of just about any project, with prices that are competitive with other national printing companies. Best of all, you’ll know exactly how much your project will cost – including shipping – before you even get started on your order.
How It Works
Once you choose your product – such as brochures, business cards, or flyers – you must select the size and paper stock you desire, as well as whether your project needs one- or two-sided printing. You also must select the quantity and print turnaround time. These options differ slightly depending on which product you need, and fields are automatically populated with the least expensive option for each category. After you adjust the options and input your zip code, you’ll receive an instant quote based on your specs, as well as several shipping options which include price estimates.
Once you’re satisfied with the specs you’ve entered, you can upload your own completed artwork or create a design using templates provided by the website. For the latter option, you can upload your own images or choose one of UPrinting’s stock images for a small fee, which usually run between $1 to $15 per image. You can also add text, choose a background color, and add shapes.
Before you commit to the order, you have the opportunity to preview your finished product. You can also request a free hard copy proof if you want to make sure your design will print well. The team at UPrinting applies a 30-point inspection, checking for a variety of technical concerns, including low resolution images, font sizes, and artwork dimensions. Your proof is typically shipped out to you within 12 business hours. Once you’re satisfied, you enter your credit card, billing, and shipping information to complete the order.
- 360-Degree Preview. Once you create your project, you can preview it from the front, back, and any angle in between by using a slide bar to rotate it.
- Instant Price Calculator. With the instant price calculator, you can adjust your project’s specifications to fit your budget and needs before putting in the effort to design your product.
- Wide Array of Options. UPrinting works for small and large orders alike; you can order quantities from 250 to as many as 10,000. You can choose between a gloss or matte finish and from an array of text and card stocks. You can also choose between one- and three-day print turnaround times. If you need a special order, custom sizing is available.
- Safe and Secure. UPrinting uses VeriSign SSL encryption technology, which is the highest level of security available online.
- Great Selection. The products offered include brochures, business cards, calendars, canvas prints, door hangers, flyers, greeting cards, invitations, magnets, posters, table tents, and more.
- Easy to Use. Even if you’re not computer-savvy, navigating UPrinting is simple. The process for creating your product is straightforward, and uploading artwork is a breeze.
- Free Samples. You can order a free sample kit which will allow you to see and feel a selection of available stock and finish options.
- Solid Customer Service. In addition to a comprehensive FAQ section, the site offers 24-hour phone support during the week, and from 8am to 5pm PST on the weekends. It also offers live chat and email support 24 hours a day.
- Free Proofs. Before you place your order, you can have UPrinting’s support staff check and correct technical errors in your design for free. Click on the “free proof” tab and follow the instructions. After you submit, the prepress staff at UPrinting will take a look at your item, make corrections as they see fit, and email a PDF file for your review. You can also opt to have a physical proof mailed to you for a fee. UPrinting does not correct typos, so be sure your file is grammatically correct before submitting.
- Eco-Friendly. UPrinting uses vegetable- and soy-based inks rather than petroleum-based inks, which release higher levels of carbon emissions into the environment. It also uses recycled paper and paper from suppliers that practice sustainable forestry.
- Competitive Pricing. UPrinting’s prices are in line with and, in some cases, cheaper than other national print chains.
- Limited Return Policy. A 100% refund is offered on defective orders; however, that refund is capped at $1,000, which you might not realize if you neglect to read the fine print. UPrinting also offers a 100% free reprint for orders lost in transit. However, this is limited to orders less than or equal to $250. That said, if larger orders are lost in transit, you can have the case reviewed by a manager who may authorize the free reprint.
- Not Responsible for Shipping Issues. UPrinting assumes no liability for shipping issues, and will therefore offer no refunds if a shipment arrives late.
- Order Quantities Are Not Guaranteed. If you order 250 business cards, according to the site’s terms and conditions, your actual order quantity could be anywhere from 225-275. However, if it’s short, UPrinting will ship the difference free of charge.
- Limited Time Frame for Complaints. You have 24 hours from the receipt of your order to register any complaints. However, if you do notice an error after this time, you can contact a manager who will review your complaint.
In many aspects of your life, you may be able to go paperless. However, there will likely always be a demand for printed materials, and UPrinting offers quite a value. The price calculator and the free proof option are two things that set UPrinting apart from the competition. In fact, having your design checked by professionals before you order could save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars, depending on the size of your order. The pricing is competitive, but just be sure to clearly understand the return policy especially in relation to your order size.
Have you had any personal experience with UPrinting?