The Money Crashers 2010 New Year Giveaway is now halfway complete. Hopefully by now you’ve had a chance to participate in the various contest actions to gain entries to win. In case you haven’t seen, the prize pool has grown to over $8,300 and includes some amazing prizes! With over 100 winners, your chances of winning something are actually quite good. So be sure to join in on the fun before it’s too late.
With that said, we have yet another special contest action for you to gain even more entries. We’ve come up with something truly fun and interactive that we think everyone will enjoy:
Record a short video clip of yourself telling your own financial story or providing a useful personal finance tip.
Here are some guidelines:
- Submit your video to YouTube.com (publicly viewable setting) and make sure to post the YouTube URL of your video in the comments section of this post by Monday, January 25, 2010, 11:59 PM PST.
- Be creative and let your personality shine through. The videos will be judged on a number of factors including: creativity, presentation, and content (i.e. how intriguing, fun, or useful your video is).
- Mention at the beginning of your video that you are doing this for the Money Crashers 2010 New Year Giveaway Bash. Also, include “Money Crashers” in the title of your video and add the following link to the Giveaway in the YouTube video page description: http://www.moneycrashers.com-year-2010-giveaway-bash/
- The video can be anywhere between 30 seconds to 3 minutes long.
- Keep it rated PG-13 – there are kids here! (that means no profanity please)
Everyone who submits a video will get 15 extra contest entries. Moreover, the top 5 videos will get an additional 30 entries (our panel of judges will choose the top 10 from which readers will choose the top 5). That’s a whopping 45 extra entries you can get for the contest by participating in this action and a guaranteed 15 entries!
We’re looking forward to seeing all of your videos! Contact us if you have any questions.
Also, don’t forget that there are a bunch of other actions you can perform multiple times to increase your chances of winning a great prize: write a blog post about the contest (30 entries), tweet about the contest (10 entries), retweet any Money Crashers blog post (5 entries), tweet out a message related to personal finance (2 entries).
UPDATE: These videos were awesome and a ton of fun to watch. The five winners are below in no particular order. Congrats!