At a glance
- What It Is: 360 Training offers hundreds of digital employee and entrepreneur training courses available anytime, anywhere through a flexible lineup of Learning Management Systems (LMSs).
- Industries Served: Food and beverage, real estate, environmental health and safety, industrial skills, human resources, power and utilities, trades and engineering, real estate, insurance, business skills.
- Advantages: Comprehensive array of courses in the food and beverage, real estate, and environmental health and safety verticals; all courses approved or accredited by regulators; certifications available upon course completion; 24/7 access to coursework with automatically saved progress; Learning Management System (LMS) has multiple integrations available; bulk discounts for multiple-course purchases.
- Disadvantages: Not all industries and regulatory-approved certifications covered; thin coverage for computer engineering and web development trainees; no elective courses.
Regardless of size, most businesses are subject to some mix of local, state, and federal regulation. Regulators of industries that aren’t regarded as high-skill such as food and beverage service, or that don’t have particularly high barriers to entry such as real estate sales, nevertheless require practitioners to demonstrate that they can perform their trades capably, safely, and honestly.
That’s a daunting proposition for small-business owners and entrepreneurs hardwired to watch every penny, not to mention the hardworking professionals they employ.
Good thing these folks have a friend in the credentialing business: 360training, an anywhere, anytime professional training platform based in Austin, Texas, and accessible 24/7 at 360training.com. With more than 6,000 regulatory-approved online courses concentrated in industries like food and beverage, environmental health and safety, and real estate, 360training is a vital resource for businesses that need to get right with the law.
Its modules cover a slew of certifications mandated by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) — including the popular OSHA 10-hour training course and the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training — and state and local food service regulators (ServSafe).
A sophisticated online training engine called the Learning Management Systems (LMS) powers 360training. This engine enables truly anytime, anywhere training, making 360training ideal for dispersed and multi-location workforces for which centralized, in-person training is impractical or cost-prohibitive. If you operate in or plan to entire a line of business that requires regulatory-approved credentialing or training programs, you need to give 360training a closer look.
All 360training courses are accessible on compatible Internet-connected devices (mobile and desktop) 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Trainees’ progress is automatically saved and official completion certificates are available to those who pass a final exam.
360 Training’s customer support team is available live during extended business hours: 7am to 10pm Central during the workweek and 8am to 8pm on weekends.
360training has some additional features worth describing in detail, including its Learning Management System, its core training verticals, and the additional industries and specialties it serves.
Learning Management Systems
360training’s secret sauce is a set of aptly named Learning Management Systems (LMSs) — secure digital platforms that enable on-demand learning by dispersed workers, managers, and entrepreneurs. Their capabilities include:
- Role-based user management that allows employers or managers (administrators) to create customized training paths for every employee in the system
- User and course batching that allows administrators to add multiple new users and enroll users in multiple courses in the same operation
- A centralized training library that includes every course your organization has used or plans to use
- Advanced reporting and user management tools, including feedback requests, training-related announcements, course progress and enrollment reports, and performance monitoring reports
- Several LMS integrations that allow larger organizations to integrate their own business systems with 360training’s training modules
All 360training LMS users get paired with a dedicated account manager responsible for managing your team’s progress toward the training goals you’ve set and ensuring nothing falls through the cracks.
Food and Beverage Training Courses
Food and beverage is one of 360training’s core training verticals. Known as Learn2Serve, this vertical covers topics like:
- Tobacco sales and on- and off-license alcohol sales (bar/restaurant and retail store, respectively)
- Cannabis handling and sales
- Food handling and prep (food handler certification)
- Foodservice management
- General food safety, including food allergy training
- Food safety for pickup and delivery establishments, including around guidelines implemented during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
Because food and beverage regulations vary by state, course materials do as well. Choose your state from the dropdown on the Learn2Serve page to find modules pertinent to your business location or locations.
Real Estate Training Courses
Through its Agent Campus vertical, 360training offers training for current and aspiring real estate professionals. Some of these courses cover general real estate matters, some of which vary considerably by state and others relate to federal housing or real estate law:
- Closing costs and procedures
- Fair housing regulations
- 1031 real estate exchanges
- Housing deeds
- Real estate codes of ethics
- Housing inspections
Others relate to state real estate licensing prep, examinations, and continuing education. Pre- and post-licensing coursework is only available in a handful of states, including Texas and Washington, but exam prep, general licensing courses, and continuing education courses are available nationwide.
Environmental Health and Safety Training Courses
Through its OSHACampus vertical, 360training covers a slew of environmental health and safety topics and certifications, many mandated and overseen by OSHA:
- OSHA 10- and 30-hour courses for construction and general industry
- HAZWOPER 8-, 24-, and 40-hour courses with training around the GHS hazardous communications standards
- EM 385-1-1 training for Site Safety Health Officers (SSHOs) on military contracts or projects
- Environmental specialist training
- Mining health and safety training
- Workplace electrical safety training
- Department of Transportation general awareness, supervisor, and air carrier training for hazmat employees
Because they concern regulations enforced by OSHA, the Department of Labor (DOL), and other federal regulatory authorities, OSHACampus courses aren’t state-specific.
Training Courses in Other Industries
360training serves other industries and skill domains, such as:
- Industrial Skills. These modules cover topics like mechanical and electrical safety, warehousing and distribution, instrumentation and control, building maintenance, motors, and water treatment.
- Power and Utilities. These modules cover topics related to electricity generation, distribution, transmission, and grid management.
- HR, Ethics, and Compliance. These modules cover a host of topics related to compliance and ethics in industries like finance (anti-money laundering compliance), medicine (HIPAA regulations), information security (electronic privacy regulations), and employment law (sexual harassment and workplace violence prevention).
- Insurance Education. These modules cover pre-licensing and exam prep for insurance adjusters and other insurance professionals, plus an even wider array of continuing education courses related to insurance fraud, agency management, and the nuts and bolts of various types of insurance.
- Business Skills. These modules cover topics related to workplace management, sales, training, and compliance.
360training’s Most Popular Courses
The most popular courses in 360training’s library include a mix of certification, licensing, and continuing education opportunities in its three core verticals.
Environmental Health and Safety
360training’s three most popular environmental health and safety courses are:
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Training. This comprehensive 30-hour course is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and covers virtually everything construction supervisors need to foster a culture of safety on the job site and reduce construction accidents.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Training. This course is also accredited by IACET and provides a detailed overview of the most important concepts you’ll need to stay safe and compliant in construction workplaces.
- OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Training. This IACET-accredited course provides a similar level of detail as the 30-hour construction course, applicable to general industry settings like manufacturing floors and warehouses.
Food and Beverage
360training’s three most popular food and beverage courses are:
- Food Safety Manager Principles Training + Food Manager Exam. This eight-hour course covers the principles you’ll need to pass the food manager exam and the exam itself, which you can take with an online proctor or at a PSI training center.
- ANSI Accredited Food Handler Certificate + TABC Certification Package. This combination package covers Texas-approved food handler certification and alcohol sales and service certification, making it an ideal choice for restaurant employees and caterers in Texas.
360training’s three most popular real estate courses are:
- Texas 18-Hour Broker CE Package. This state-mandated course covers the Texas Real Estate Commission’s entire biannual continuing education requirement. Its submodules include four mandatory hours of TREC Legal Update I, four mandatory hours of TREC Legal Update II, six mandatory hours of Broker Responsibility, three mandatory hours for Contracts, and one TREC-approved elective hour.
- 180-Hour Premium Texas Pre-Licensing Package. This course covers the Texas Real Estate Commission’s entire 180-hour pre-licensing requirement and allows participants to take the online exam anytime, anywhere.
- Pick your own 98-Hour Texas SAE Package. This course includes all coursework Texas real estate agents need to complete for their first real estate license renewal, including the required 90 hours of sales apprentice education and eight hours of the latest legal updates from the Texas Real Estate Commission.
360training’s biggest advantages include its comprehensive array of courses covering several core verticals, that all its courses are approved or accredited by relevant regulatory bodies and offer completion certificates, and its flexible and high-tech Learning Management System.
- Comprehensive Array of Courses in Food and Beverage, Real Estate, and Environmental Health and Safety. 360training has an extensive array of courses in the food and beverage, real estate, and environmental health and safety verticals. All modules are tailored to state regulation where necessary.
- All Courses Are Approved or Accredited by Regulators. All 360training modules covering matters of state or federal regulation are approved by the relevant regulatory bodies, giving participants and their employers the peace of mind that comes with knowing they’re right by the law.
- Certifications Available Upon Course Completion. Where relevant, successfully completed 360training courses confer completion certificates, providing participants and their employers with another layer of credibility and confidence.
- 24/7 Access to Coursework With Progress Saved Automatically. 360training is designed for anytime, anywhere learning. Key to this selling point is a sophisticated learning interface that allows secure, 24/7 access to coursework and saves progress automatically, allowing trainees to move at their own pace. And 360training’s custom reporting capabilities are invaluable for employers eager to check in on workers’ progress.
- Multiple Learning Management System Integrations. 360training’s powerful Learning Management System has several ready-made integrations for larger enterprises that want to incorporate 360training’s coursework with their own internal HR or training systems.
- Bulk Discounts for Multiple-Course Purchases. 360training offers bulk pricing for multiple-course purchases and course packages. This is a key selling point for larger enterprises with extensive training needs and lots of employees.
360training’s downsides include limited coverage in certain industries and disciplines, especially computer engineering and web development, and a lack of elective courses for general study.
- Courses Don’t Cover Every Industry or Regulatory Certification. 360training’s course library is extensive but not exhaustive. It doesn’t cover every single industry or every state or federal regulatory certification a business might need. If you operate in an industry that’s not well-served by 360training, you may need to supplement your 360 Training modules with modules from another training provider or look elsewhere entirely.
- Few Opportunities for Computer Engineering and Web Development. 360training doesn’t have much coverage in the fast-growing computer engineering and web development industries, so it’s not an excellent fit for businesses in these spaces.
- No Elective Courses. 360training doesn’t offer any elective courses for individuals and entrepreneurs looking to expand their knowledge horizons rather than earn an essential certification or study for a licensing exam. Some competitors, like Coursera and Udacity, specialize in elective coursework.
Many business opportunities and jobs that require little or no experience nevertheless demand regulatory-approved safety, compliance, or general skills training, without which aspirants won’t get very far. Even if not required as a condition of employment, these certifications are vital for career advancement. They can’t be put off forever.
360training makes it easy to complete these unenjoyable but essential tasks, removing friction and eliminating excuses from the equation. You might not enjoy learning the finer points of hazmat handling guidelines, state food safety regulations, or real estate law, but with 360training, you’ll get it done and get back to doing the work you love.
360training is an excellent resource for employers and professionals seeking regulatory-approved certification — and the skills that come with it — in industries such as food and beverage, real estate, and environmental health and safety. A sophisticated and feature-rich Learning Management System supports 360 Training’s extensive course lineup and enables anytime, anywhere flexibility for trainees and their bosses, even as a lack of elective courses lessens its appeal to casual learners.