Early press reports had the sale lasting seven to 10 days, but all indications are that deals end for good at midnight Eastern Time on June 23, 2020.
Amazon shoppers can expect savings up to 50% (and, in some cases, more) on top fashion brands from designer labels like Kate Spade and Marc Jacobs to mass-market labels like Adidas and Levi’s.
Intrigued? You should be. But time is running out to take advantage of these offers. Here’s a look at selected deals and discounts with participating brands and labels.
Top Deals for Amazon’s Big Style Sale
These are just some of the top deals for Amazon’s Big Style Sale. Pricing for clothing items may vary by size, but all sizes and styles qualify for discounts. Because some items are available in limited quantities, inventory may run out before midnight — so act quickly!
- Samsonite Aspire Xlite Softside Expandable Luggage with Spinner Wheels, Black, 2-Piece Set (20″ and 25″): $124.99, list $239.99 (48% off)
- Steve Madden Women’s Irenee Heeled Dress Sandal, Size 7: $44.05, list $81.95 (46% off)
- Cole Haan Men’s Grand Crosscourt Ii Sneaker, Size 9: $42.75, list $90 (54% off)
- Levi’s Men’s 550 Relaxed Fit Jeans, 34W x 34L: $35.70, list $59.50 (40% off)
- True Religion Women’s Stella Low Rise Skinny Fit Jean, Size 29: $49.99, list $99 (50% off)
The Big Style Sale also features a slew of deep discounts from Amazon’s Shopbop store-within-a-store. From the Big Style Sale homepage, use the slider at the top of the page to navigate to “Shopbop Deals” and click through:
- Up to 50% off select items in The Dress Shop
- Up to 50% off select Everyday Denim items
- Up to 50% off select Beachy Basics items
- Up to 50% off select accessories
- Up to 50% off select menswear
The Big Style Sale also features broad, deep discounts from household name brands like:
- Up to 50% off Citizen and Timex watches
- Up to 50% off American Tourister luggage
- Up to 40% off J. Crew Mercantile items
- Up to 30% off Ray-Ban items
- Up to 30% off Nautica items
- Up to 30% off Puma apparel and shoes
The Backstory to Amazon’s Big Style Sale
Amazon’s Big Style Sale presents an excellent opportunity for bargain hunters to save money on Amazon purchases. But Amazon’s primary aim with the Big Style Sale was to execute a reset of sorts for Amazon’s beleaguered fashion sellers, who’ve suffered disproportionately amid delivery delays and warehouse snafus during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
While the pandemic has been a tremendous boon for online retail as a whole, much of the period’s retail demand has focused on basic necessities — which, in an era of forced telecommuting, doesn’t include fashion apparel or accessories of any kind. If it’s successful — and Amazon’s single-day sales track record is nothing if not impressive — the Big Style Sale could be just what Amazon’s fashion vendors need to get their businesses back on track in the second half of 2020.
This first-of-its-kind Big Style Sale sale is also a stand-in of sorts for Amazon Prime Day, which typically occurs in mid-July each year. Amazon hasn’t officially announced a date for Prime Day 2020, but it’s not likely to happen until early October at the earliest. Meanwhile, according to WSJ, Amazon is taking steps to normalize its operations in the wake of the pandemic, just in time for the Big Style Sale. That includes resuming unlimited shipments of nonessential goods to warehouses to reduce shipping delays and boost inventory.
And if you’re already looking ahead to Amazon Prime Day? Get ready with a glance at our list of the best credit cards to use on Amazon Prime Day.
Amazon’s decision to organize a multiday summer fashion sale on short notice is outstanding news for thousands of vendors hurt badly by the COVID-19 pandemic. And, since that it’s a massive sale on North America’s biggest e-commerce website, it also appears to be exciting news for bargain-hunting shoppers. Even if the recent large-scale shift to remote work proves to be one of the long-lasting changes wrought by the pandemic, there will always be a market for accessible fashion.
Are you excited about Amazon’s first-of-its-kind summer fashion sale? What deals are you hoping to snag?