What are the best online day trading courses?
If you’re interested in trading in financial markets, but you’re not quite sure where to start, one of the best things you can do is educate yourself on how these markets work.
The good news is you’re not alone. There’s a massive audience of would-be investors and traders looking for the best way to get their feet wet on Wall Street, and it seems as though there are just as many courses available designed to teach you how to do just that.
On the other hand, just like any other product, not all trading and investing courses are created equal. Some will teach you how to trade stocks, while others may teach you how to trade futures, options, forex, cryptocurrency, and a wide range of other assets. Moreover, some courses are free, while others charge exorbitant fees to those who want to take part.
With so many options, teaching would-be traders and investors different things at different prices, where’s a newcomer to start?
Best Online Day Trading Courses
Here’s a list of the top 10 courses for day traders and investors, including what you can expect when you sign up and what you’ll pay to take each course.
1. Trade Ideas
Learn How to Trade Using AI
Trade Ideas is one of the most well-respected trading education and tools platforms online today. Through the platform, you’ll automatically gain access to these educational tools:
- TI User Guide. The TI User Guide provides detailed, step-by-step instructions surrounding how the company’s software features and functions work. Some of the topics covered in the guide include download and installation, software layout, channel bar, docked channel bar, docked window, toolbar, AI Holly strategy window, and Brokerage Plus. This guide is designed to give you everything you need to use the company’s software successfully in the stock market.
- 20 Lessons in 20 Days. The 20 Lessons in 20 Days series is designed as a crash course to the stock market, giving you everything you need to be successful as a trader in no more than 20 days.
- Daily Support Sessions. Every weekday, Trade Ideas hosts a support session starting at noon Eastern time. During these sessions, users are able to ask the company’s expert panel questions about the trading tools and how to use them to be successful in the stock market.
- Free Trading Room. In the Free Trading Room, users can watch moderator Barrie Einarson as he trades using Trade Ideas’ tools. As an expert day trader and swing trader, beginners stand to learn quite a bit by watching Einarson in action.
- Daily Webinars. Aside from the Daily Support Sessions, users also have access to daily webinars, which are based on different topics depending on the day. The best one for beginners is the Q&A session, which is held every other Wednesday and invites users to ask the pros the questions they’d like answered.
- Educational Videos. Trade Ideas also gives its users access to a long list of educational videos that are designed to turn a beginner into a pro.
- Trading Books & Documents. The company also has a host of trading books and other documents that are available as free downloads on its site.
- One-On-One Training Sessions. For an additional fee of $129, users have access to one-on-one training sessions.
Most of the educational content, webinars, and features are available on the Trade Ideas website for free. However, much of the educational material is centered around using their paid tools to be more successful in the stock market. If you’d like to sign up for these tools, the pricing is as follows:
- Standard. The standard subscription costs $118 per month or $1,068 per year and comes with simulated trading, streaming trade ideas, a live trading room, the ability to stream up to 10 charts simultaneously, a chart-based visual trading assistant, up to 500 price alerts, and curated workspaces.
- Premium. The premium subscription costs $228 per month or $2,268 per year and comes with everything above plus the ability to stream up to 20 charts simultaneously, AI virtual trading analysis, chart-based AI trade assistance, entry and exit signals, risk management assessment tools, the ability to build and backtest any trade idea, and AI-based auto trading capabilities.
2. BlackBox Stocks
A Powerhouse in Options Trading Education
BlackBox Stocks is an educational platform designed to teach you how to be a professional trader. When signing up for the service, beginners should start by taking advantage of the company’s BlackBox Boot Camp.
The BlackBox Boot Camp is a three-hour webinar that’s hosted twice weekly and designed to give new traders everything they need to be successful using the company’s technical analysis tools and alerts to generate profits in the stock market. The Boot Camp is a complete crash course on trading stocks and options, as well as training for the tools provided through the BlackBox Stocks platform.
Once you’ve completed the Boot Camp, you’ll gain access to advanced lessons designed to take your knowledge and profitability in the market to the next level. Continuing education is free for BlackBox members.
Some of the biggest perks to the platform, outside of the Boot Camp and advanced courses, include a host of scanners and screeners to help you find opportunities in the market, and a robust, active community of traders who share their ideas and strategies.
The pricing offered by BlackBox Stocks is relatively straightforward, with no varying levels of service. The only difference in the price is based on whether you pay monthly or annually.
- Monthly: Monthly subscribers pay $99.97 per month for access to the platform.
- Annual: Annual subscribers pay $959 per year, offering an annual savings of $240.64.
Learn How to Trade Using House Money
TopStep is a unique trading education platform because the company doesn’t just teach you how to put your money where your mouth is — it puts its own money where its mouth is.
With a TopStep funded account, you won’t have to risk your money at all. Instead, TopStep funds your account for you, allowing you to hold onto the first $5,000 in profits generated while you trade and 80% of your profits after that.
Of course, you won’t be able to get a funded trading account until you’ve learned how to make money for yourself and for the company that’s putting up the dough.
It all starts with TopStep’s Trading Combine, which offers educational courses to teach you how to trade futures and forex. These educational materials are some of the best in the industry, developed by professional traders who know the inner workings of the market.
In the Trading Combine, you’ll learn how to trade in a real-time simulated environment and be tested on your skills throughout the process. Once you’ve made it through the Trading Combine and TopStep believes you’ve got what it takes to make money in the market, you’ll be able to open a funded account, where you’ll be able to put the company’s money to work for you.
With TopStep, the price you pay on a monthly basis is based on the amount of money you’d like to trade as well as loss limits (the amount of money you’re able to lose on trades before being kicked out of the program) you’d like to have access to. The education is the same regardless of your level of membership.
If you’re interested in futures trading, here are your options:
- $165 per Month: Access to $50,000 in buying power with the ability to trade up to five futures contracts. This level of service gives you the ability to lose a maximum of $1,000 per day with a max trailing drawdown of $2,000 and a profit goal per step of $3,000.
- $325 per Month: Access to $100,000 in buying power with the ability to trade up to 10 futures contracts, a max loss per day of $2,000, trailing max drawdown of $3,000, and a profit goal per step of $6,000.
- $375 per Month: Access to $150,000 in buying power with the ability to trade up to 15 futures contracts, a max loss per day of $3,000, trailing max drawdown of $4,500, and a profit goal per step of $9,000.
If you’re more interested in trading forex, your options are as follows:
- $125 per Month: Access to $200,000 in trading capital with a max weekly loss limit of $1,300 and a profit goal of $2,000.
- $165 per Month: Access to $300,000 in trading capital with a max weekly loss limit of $2,000 and a profit goal of $3,000.
- $275 per Month: Access to $500,000 in trading capital with a max weekly loss limit of $3,300 and a profit goal of $5,000.
4. Warrior Trading
An In-Depth Stock Trading Education Platform
Warrior Trading is one of the most comprehensive educational platforms for those who want to learn how to day trade online today. Developed by experienced trader Ross Cameron, the platform will teach you how to find and exploit the best opportunities in the market, whether you’re interested in trading penny stocks or large-cap stocks.
The platform was designed to teach anyone how to maximize profits day trading and swing trading, whether the student is a newcomer or an experienced trader. Courses available on the platform include:
- Warrior Starter Course. The Warrior Starter Course was designed to be a crash course in trading. The course outlines all the basics of trading and touches on technical indicators and the use of tools to be more successful in the stock market.
- Small-Cap Day Trading. As the name of this course suggests, it is centered around day trading small-cap stocks. In the course, you’ll learn how to trade small-cap stocks while managing risk. It includes an introduction to a wide range of trading strategies like gap-and-go trading, momentum trading, and reversal trading.
- Large-Cap Day Trading. As is the case with the small-cap day trading course, the large-cap day trading course was designed to give you everything you need to be successful day trading large-cap stocks. The course includes information on risk management as well as several strategies you can use to expand your profitability.
- Swing & Options Trading. If you’re interested in swing trading or options trading, this is the course for you. It’s a crash course covering everything you need to be successful. You’ll learn how to build a watch list and strategies for turning that watch list into profitable trading opportunities.
- Day Trading in an IRA. The Day Trading in an IRA course was developed to teach you how to day trade within your IRA account to build a stronger retirement. However, it’s important to keep in mind that day trading is a risky concept and only those that have a long time before retirement should consider trading with their retirement savings.
While Warrior Trading is on the higher end of the pricing spectrum, many customers are happy to pay the price because of all that’s offered through the platform. There are two different package levels:
- Warrior Starter. The Warrior Starter package costs $997 for the first 30 days and $197 per month thereafter. With this subscription, you’ll gain access to the Warrior Starter Course, which was designed to give beginner traders all the tools they need to get started in the market, stock market scanners, and the day trading chat room.
- Warrior Pro. The Warrior Pro package costs $5,997 per year, or you can pay a one-time fee of $4,297 and $197 per month after the first 90 days. With the Pro membership, you’ll gain access to everything the platform has to offer including seven additional courses with topics ranging from options trading to cryptocurrency trading and setting up for retirement.
Learn Trading at Your Own Pace With a Formal Education Format
If you’d like more structured education options, you can take the university approach with ThomasKralow.com. While you will gain access to webinars, the educational process is very different from most others on this list because it’s designed to give a university-like experience.
The entire online course was designed to be completed in 150 days and includes 16 chapters of materials designed to give those who know nothing about the market everything they need to be successful. The content in these courses is incredibly intuitive and easy to follow, including:
- 202 Video Lessons. Each chapter in the course comes complete with several video lessons designed to outline the inner workings of the market and make it easy to understand how to use the system to your advantage.
- 82 Interactive Tasks. As you make your way through each chapter, you’ll be given multiple interactive tasks designed to test your understanding of the video lessons and determine whether you should watch the video again or move on to the next lesson.
- 145 Quizzes. The complete course includes a total of 145 quizzes, each designed to make sure you’re learning everything you need to know to be successful while trading stocks.
- Final Exam. Finally, once you’ve completed everything in the course, you’ll be presented with a final exam. The exam encompasses everything you’ve learned throughout the course, and a good grade on the exam tells you that you’re ready to start real-world online trading and investing.
If you’re not interested in the complete program, you can also take a condensed version of the course known as the Shortened option. This option removes all of the basic information in the complete course and is best for those with some experience in the market who are interested in fine-tuning their skills. However, even the shortened course is designed to give you the university experience over the course of five months.
If you’re not interested in learning detailed trading strategies, but would rather learn the basics and focus on low-risk investing strategies, you can take advantage of the Basics course. The course was designed to be completed in 21 days, offering two chapters, 20 video lessons, seven interactive tasks, and 19 quizzes.
Finally, you’ll be able to choose if you’d like to learn independently or with the help of mentoring sessions based on the level of service you sign up for.
The cost associated with the program will depend on the course you’d like to enroll in as well as whether you’d like live mentoring to help you through the process. If you pay for the higher-cost assisted learning packages, 60% of the live mentoring is offered by Thomas Kralow himself.
- Basic Course: $123 for independent learning, $369 for 40% assisted learning, or $899 for 90% assisted learning.
- Shortened Course: Four monthly installments of $270 or a one-time payment of $880 for independent learning, four monthly installments of $645 or a one-time payment of $2,280 for 40% assisted learning, or four monthly installments of $4,695 or a one-time payment of $15,380 for 90% assisted learning.
- Complete Course: Four monthly installments of $295 or a one-time payment of $980 for independent learning, four monthly installments of $695 or a one-time payment of $2,480 for 40% assisted learning, or four monthly installments of $4,995 or a one-time payment of $16,480 for 90% assisted learning.
Courses on Various Trading Disciplines From Multiple Teachers
Udemy is an online learning platform that’s not limited to investing and trading. In fact, you can learn just about anything you want from professionals on the platform, with lessons ranging from how to copy edit to how to use Microsoft Word and everything in between.
While Udemy isn’t focused specifically on trading and investing, it does offer a wide range of courses on the topic, each giving you the ability to learn from the comfort of your own home at your own pace.
Whether you’re interested in a day-trading course or a course that teaches you how to make wise long-term investment decisions with asset classes like stocks, bonds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs), Udemy is a great way to go.
Some of the most popular trading and investing courses on the platform include:
- Investing for Beginners: Learn Investing Strategies & Tools. This course offers everything you need to get started as a long-term investor, outlining low-risk strategies, investing techniques, and tools that will help you build your wealth over the long run.
- Stock Trading Strategies: Technical Analysis MasterClass. This course was designed to teach you everything you need to know about day trading, swing trading, and technical analysis.
- Stock Trading & Investing for Beginners 4-in-1 Course Bundle. This course was designed as a complete crash course in trading and investing, outlining strategies, technical and fundamental analysis, and the tools you’ll need to be successful in the market.
Each Udemy course is priced individually. No matter which you choose, you’ll likely be happy to pay the low cost relative to the high-quality education provided. Courses on the platform start at just $9.99, with most fees under $20.
7. Day Trading Academy
Day Trading School With a Traditional Education Feel
The Day Trading Academy is another of very few trading and investing courses designed to give a more university-like feel to the educational process. Learning with the Day Trading Academy includes:
- 19 Chapters. The complete course is 19 chapters, each designed to teach you a specific topic in an easy-to-digest way. These topics include how to find opportunities, how to use trading tools, and how to practice risk management.
- Modules. The educational process is broken down into three modules, each with a group of chapters designed to give you bite-sized bits of information that are easy to understand.
- Checkpoints. After each module, you’ll reach a checkpoint where you’re encouraged to go back through the module to make sure you have a deep understanding of the lessons learned. If you’re not sure you’re following along the right path, you can submit any of the exercises within the module back to the Academy for expert review. The checkpoint process was designed to reinforce what you’ve learned and make sure you’re ready to move on to the next step.
- Catered to All Experience Levels. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, you’ll likely benefit greatly from taking part in the Day Trading Academy.
- Limited Number of Students. Throughout the educational process, you’ll have access to experts that will check your work and mentor you through the program. As a result, the Academy limits the number of students that can be included in each course to ensure that the experts behind the curtain have enough time for each and every student that takes part in the program.
There is no mention of the price of the course on the company’s website. However, when you fill out the form to sign up, you’ll be sent a PDF outlining the benefits of the course and pointing to the fact that you’ll pay up to $10,000 to take part.
8. Investors Underground
Extensive Library of Educational Content Coupled With Comprehensive Trading Courses
Investors Underground is a day trading community and educational platform. When you sign up for the service, you’ll have access to a chat room where experts and beginners alike share their thoughts, strategies, and opportunities they’ve found in the market.
But the service goes far beyond the appeal of being part of an active community for traders. The educational features of the platform are impressive to say the least. When you sign up, you’ll have access to:
- Daily Watch Lists. Every day, you’ll be able to tap into watch lists that not only tell you what stocks you should be watching for the largest opportunities, but provide a complete game plan, outlining how to go about taking advantage of those opportunities.
- Education Library. The education library is jam-packed with information, complete with more than 1,000 video lessons, guides, and in-depth trade recaps that give you real world examples of how what you’re learning will help you make money in the market.
- Comprehensive Trading Courses. You’ll also have access to the company’s comprehensive trading courses that offer up more than 20 hours of premium educational content on topics like stock market basics, technical analysis, and risk management techniques.
- Group Webinars. Finally, you’ll be able to take part in interactive study groups, trade recaps, and question and answer sessions, all of which are designed to provide you with the mentoring you need to be a successful trader.
There are no differing levels to membership based on price. All members have access to the trading courses plus premarket broadcasts, live trading floor, trade recaps, nightly watchlists, morning calls, and more than 1,000 video lessons. The only difference is based on how often you’d like to pay.
- Monthly Membership: $297 per month.
- Quarterly Membership: $697 per quarter, a savings of $491 over the monthly membership price.
- Annual Membership: $1,897 per year, a savings of $1,667 versus paying the monthly price and $891 less than subscribing quarterly.
9. TD Ameritrade
A Trusted Brand With Free Courses and Educational Materials
TD Ameritrade is one of the most trusted online brokerages available today. Well known by traders as a result of its comprehensive thinkorswim trading platform, the company has become a popular option for access to financial markets.
As with other brokerages, the more you trade successfully on the platform, the more money the company stands to make. It only makes sense that TD Ameritrade offers one of the most comprehensive trader and investor training programs available.
When using TD Ameritrade as an educational source, you can either go through their countless articles and videos on your own, or work with a custom-built trading curriculum that’s designed to fit your unique needs.
Regardless of which way you decide to go, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the following:
- Retirement Investing. The company’s retirement investing course is designed to give you everything you need to set up for a financially-free retirement. You’ll learn about how much money you’ll need to survive, how much money you should invest, and how to invest your money while managing risks.
- Fundamental and Technical Analysis. In these in-depth lessons, you’ll learn the differences between fundamental and technical analysis and how to use them to your advantage while making investment decisions.
- Futures and Options. Stocks aren’t the only way to make money as a trader or investor; futures and options are some of the most popular assets out there. Not sure what they are or how to trade them? In this lesson, you’ll learn what futures and options are and various strategies to expand your success while trading these assets.
Aside from all the educational materials offered by way of videos and guides, the brokerage also gives you access to a paper trading account, which allows you to test your knowledge using virtual money before risking your first dollar in the market.
With TD Ameritrade, you’ll have access to free courses and other educational materials. That’s right — you’ll never pay a dime to learn when working with this broker.
10. Bear Bull Traders
Learn Both Technical Lessons and Trading Psychology
Bear Bull Traders is an educational platform developed to give you the upper hand in the market, whether you’ve never traded a single stock or trading is your day job.
While other platforms may talk about psychology in their trading education process, Bear Bull Traders takes this to the next level, offering a team of in-house psychologists that will help you understand the emotions involved in investing.
The platform goes far beyond that. Some of the most interesting courses on the platform include:
- Business Plan. The Bear Bull Trader platform emphasises that trading activities should be treated like a business. This lesson teaches you how to set up your business to maximize your chances of success.
- Proper Education: Trading in a Real-Time Simulator. In this lesson, you’ll learn about trading simulators, how to use them, and why you should use them to test your strategies before risking your hard-earned money in the market.
- Finding the Proper Stocks in Play and Combat Algorithms and High Frequency Traders. In this lesson, you’ll learn how to find the right stocks to trade and how high frequency traders and trading algorithms point to the best stocks to take advantage of.
- Finding Proper Support and Resistance Levels and Game Plan for Trading. In this lesson, you’ll learn about the two most important technical indicators — support and resistance — and how to find the levels of support and resistance on a stock chart. You’ll also learn how to set up your trading game plan.
- Momentum Trading. In the momentum trading lesson, you’ll learn about the most important technical indicators for momentum traders and strategies to follow. In particular, you’ll learn about open range, flags, and ABCD pattern breakouts as well as VWAP reversals.
- Trend Trading. This lesson teaches you everything you need to know to become a successful trend trader. You’ll learn about reversals, all-day holds, and VWAP false breakouts.
There are two levels of membership to consider when signing up for Bear Bull Traders. They include:
- Basic. The basic membership costs $99 per month and gives you access to the live chat room as well as intro and essential lessons.
- Elite. Elite members can pay $199 per month or $1,999 per year. With the elite membership, you’ll have access to all courses and features Bear Bull Traders has to offer.
If you’d like to try the platform before committing, you can take advantage of the Test Drive option. With the Test Drive, you’ll have chat access for one week, as well as a live onboarding session and access to the company’s introductory course.
If you’re interested in becoming an active trader and you’re reading this article, you’re on the right track.
It’s never a good idea to blindly enter the market and hope that whatever trades you make turn out to be profitable. Taking the time to find a quality trading course and making a small investment in your education are crucial steps to becoming a successful Wall Street participant.
Although there are thousands of courses online to choose from, each with their own benefits and pricing, the courses listed above have a long history of providing quality educational materials and follow-up educational opportunities for those who take advantage of them.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to pick one of the courses above and learn everything you need to know to be effective in the stock market.