Money Crashers is a popular personal finance website with 3 million monthly page views. We are looking for a talented managing editor (freelance) to build out and run a robust editorial process and implement strategies to help grow the site in terms of traffic, reach, and topics covered on the site.
As managing editor, you’ll be in charge of leading a team of writers, copy editors, and marketers to create comprehensive, engaging content in the personal finance space and maximize exposure.
- Manage day-to-day content production for the site, working closely with both writers and editors to set standards and expectations
- Recruit and hire high quality writers who specialize in covering unique topics that align with the Money Crashers brand
- Take a proactive role in providing feedback to writers and editors and make sure the editorial calendar is optimized and all content is accurate and up-to-date
- Research topic ideas based on new ideas related to finance and lifestyle and needs of the site (e.g. budgeting, investing, credit cards, careers, travel, taxes, etc.)
- Work with the team to develop new features and implement marketing strategies to maximize exposure of finished articles
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of experience in online media production with a strong writing background
- Experience with blogging platforms like WordPress and knowledge of basic HTML
- Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and quickly shift focus as needed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to provide graceful feedback while pushing other team members to improve
- Self-motivated and extremely detail-oriented
- Strong knowledge of a wide spectrum of personal finance topics a plus
The managing editor role will require significant weekly hours on a freelance contract basis. Competitive monthly rate with bonuses based on performance (i.e. traffic to the site). Monthly payments through direct deposit. Editor can work remotely from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and motivated editor to be part of a popular, established finance and lifestyle site with high growth potential.
How to Apply
Fill out the form below and be sure to attach your resume. Include a link to a video introducing yourself and explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for this position. Also, as part of the evaluation process, you may be asked to edit and provide editorial feedback on a sample piece.