Did you go on vacation this past summer? Americans traveled more this summer than they had in recent years. Thanks to a drop in gas prices from their highs in 2008 and a slowly rebounding economy, the summer vacation is back again and Americans are taking to the road, air, and sea with renewed vigor.
Here are some summer travel highlights:
- 45% of Americans took a summer vacation in 2012, up from 33% in 2011
- There was a 9% increase of air travelers in 2012 vs. 2011
- There were 906,179 air travelers in July 2012, up from 776,706 in July 2011
- 35.5 million people traveled via car on Independence Day alone
- 12.5 million people went on cruises, a five-year high
- 1 in 9 U.S. jobs depend on tourism
Spread the Word
Feel free to embed this infographic on your blog or website. Simply copy and paste the code below.
Embed Code – 800px wide
Embed Code – 600px wide
You can also share on social media sites by using the buttons below.