One of the best ways to save money is to reduce your monthly bills. However, researching and investigating the many different discounts and pricing plans for services such as Internet, TV, gas, and electricity can be a time-consuming project.
To save time as well as money, consider utilizing the website WhiteFence. It can help you compare service providers in your area for deals on utility and home services, and it can show you how much you may save by downgrading services or switching providers.
How It Works
The process is simple and straightforward. To start, enter your home address and choose the service you’re looking for from a drop-down box. You are then presented the various packages available in your area, as well as the prices. You search for providers of Internet, home telephone, TV, electricity, gas, home security, and even auto insurance. Furthermore, by clicking on the “Bundles” tab, you can see prices on combined services.
Service offers are displayed broken down by price, package details, and company. If you click on the “Top Offers” tab, WhiteFence shows you the most affordable packages for each different service. You also have the option to filter your search for low-cost offers available to those with poor credit scores. If you see a deal you like, click on it to place your order.
- Easy to Use. The only piece of information you need to get started is your physical address. You don’t need to create an account or enter your email address.
- Price Comparison Tool. You can select up to three companies for a detailed comparison between price and features offered.
- Individualized FAQ. At the bottom of the homepage is an “FAQ” tab for general questions. However, each service you can search for has an additional, unique FAQ. For example, if you’re on a page searching for home telephone services, you can access an FAQ with tips to consider when purchasing home telephone service.
- WhiteFence Index. In the index, you can find the average price of utilities and other home services on a national level and in 20 major metropolitan areas. You can use this feature as a quick point of reference to see if you’re paying more than you should be.
- Additional Services. WhiteFence offers information on home security systems, pest control, auto insurance, maid services, moving services, and more.
- Convenient. WhiteFence breaks down all available deals from every affiliated company, and allows you to view up to three at a time side-by-side.
- Great Customer Support. The website offers 24/7 phone and email assistance for technical support. General customer service is available Monday through Friday, 8am to 10pm EST, and on weekends from 10am to 6pm EST.
- Secure. The website is VeriSign certified and uses 128-bit SSL technology.
- Free. This website is 100% free. There are no hidden fees, and no credit card information is needed to sign up.
- You Can Purchase Services Through Multiple Providers. If you desire, you can get Internet service through Xfinity, home telephone through AT&T, and television through DIRECTV, all via WhiteFence.
- Limited Top Offers Tab. The “Top Offers” tab is convenient, but it offers very few details as to the specific details of each service. To get all the info, click out of the Top Offers tab and click into the specific category, then select the individual deal that was featured in Top Offers to obtain more detailed information.
- Questionable Best Price Guarantee. WhiteFence claims that if you purchase a service through the site and later find a better price, you can submit a claim and possibly receive a refund. However, the terms and conditions of the guarantee include a lengthy list of exclusions, so be sure to investigate this. For example, not all products and services are covered by the guarantee, and it does not apply to special offers or discounts available in your area. Also, it does not cover prices on products or services offered by resellers or third parties.
- No Price Negotiation. Whenever I am considering upgrading, downgrading, or switching any monthly service, some of the best discounts I receive are by negotiating the price. Sometimes I can receive perks such as waived activation fees or an upgraded package at a reduced price. While the services WhiteFence offers are solid, you do not have the option to negotiate any prices directly.
- Limited Providers. WhiteFence may provide a long list of options for a range of services in your area, but it is not guaranteed to be comprehensive. In fact, if you don’t live in or near a major metropolitan area, WhiteFence is less likely to showcase all of your options. Your best bet is to use WhiteFence as a guide, while also doing research on your own.
Utilizing WhiteFence is a good idea, even if it’s just to get a sense of what the competition has to offer when considering your service providers. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t at least enter your address and see what’s out there. However, before you place an order through the site, make sure that any deal you consider includes all the features and benefits of your current service – and be careful to look for any installation fees or equipment charges.
Have you had any personal experience with WhiteFence?