For recruiters, it can seem as though there’s never enough time in the day. Combing through hundreds of resumes, posting jobs to multiple websites, conducting effective interviews, and keeping everything organized is a daunting task. However, utilizing a website like ZipRecruiter is a great way to streamline these tasks. It offers a fast and easy way to get your postings in front of millions of candidates, and you can manage all potential applicants through an online interface.
However, if you’re a job seeker, you too will want to check out ZipRecruiter. The website features a comprehensive job search function which allows you to look at thousands of jobs from multiple job boards, all in one place. You can also post your resume, get email job alerts, and apply for jobs with one click. Best of all, this section of the website is completely free.
How It Works
You can quickly set up an account by entering your name, email address, telephone number, and company name. To create your job listing, enter basic information, including job title, category, a job description, and company description. You can also include online interview questions, which candidates answer when they inquire about your job. ZipRecruiter allows you to post your job to more than 25 job boards with a single click.
Once you’ve posted one or more jobs, you will be able to view all your posted jobs, as well as the profiles of any candidates who have inquired. Furthermore, it is possible to add user accounts so other recruiters in your company can view jobs and applicants.
If you want to take a more proactive approach, you can search ZipRecruiter’s resume database for qualified applicants. Plus, if you’re hiring for multiple companies, you can customize job pages by uploading company logos or choosing a particular header color that matches the company for which you’re hiring. This makes organization a breeze. Lastly, you have the option of embedding a job widget, which lists all your open jobs, on your company’s website.
- Broad Distribution. Post your opening to more than 25 of the top jobs boards, such as Indeed and Simply Hired, with just one click.
- Branded Job Pages. Upload your job logo and adjust the colors of your ad pages to match the hiring company.
- Searchable Resume Database. Search more than 500,000 fresh resumes and filter your search by keywords, location, or job category.
- Candidate Screening Interviews. Pose questions to potential candidates to help eliminate unqualified ones. You can create custom questions and choose a multiple choice, yes/no, or free form answering system.
- Embedded Resume Viewer. The viewer enables you to move easily back and forth between a candidate’s resume, cover letter, and answers from the screening interview.
- Crowdsourcing. Team up with other hiring personnel within your company to share feedback; rate the candidate for other personnel to see and share notes via the ZipRecruiter interface.
- New Candidate Alerts. You will receive an email every time a candidate applies to one of your posted jobs.
- Social Network Integration. You can post job openings to your own LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.
There are four plans for ZipRecruiter, each based on the number of active job slots allowed. If you choose the Starter plan, you can post three jobs at a time. You can swap jobs in and out of these slots by closing jobs and posting new ones as needed.
- Starter: 3 active job slots ($59 per month)
- Team: 10 active job slots ($99 per month)
- Company: 20 active job slots ($149 per month)
- Big Hiring: 50 active job slots ($199 per month)
If you choose to pay annually and up front, you’ll receive two free months with any plan.
- Unlimited Applicants. There is no limit to the number of candidates that can apply to the posted jobs.
- Convenient. You can upgrade or downgrade at any time to a different plan.
- Posting Fees Covered. Many job boards require a fee to post, but with ZipRecruiter, it’s included in your monthly subscription.
- Additional User Accounts. You can add as many additional users as needed.
- Free to Job Seekers. This section of the website is completely free. If you’re a job seeker, the site has a Search Jobs tab where you can search a variety of jobs based on your experience. Additionally, you have the option of posting your resume here.
- Job Boards Lack Major Players. Some of the larger sites like CareerBuilder are not among the job boards your listing will appear on. However, you can opt-in to post on Monster.com at either $145 for 14 days or $195 for 30 days, which is actually a discounted rate compared to the normal fees you’d pay if you were go direct. Posting to Monster.com is not part of the ZipRecruiter subscription, and thus incurs an addition fee.
- Limited Phone Support. Phone support and live chat are available Monday through Friday 7am to 5pm Pacific time.
- Brief Free Trial. The four-day free trail may not be adequate to decide whether the service is right for your recruiting needs.
- Limited Guarantee. ZipRecruiter advertises a 100% guarantee. If you’re dissatisfied for any reason, you can send an email and your previous month’s payment will be refunded. However, since it can take longer than a month to find a suitable candidate, the guarantee seems to be a little less than 100%.
The recruiting industry has been overwhelmed since the economy took a tumble, as over-qualified candidates apply for anything they see just to earn a paycheck. To sort your way through the madness, give ZipRecruiter a shot. It stacks up well against the competition, especially with its candidate screening feature. This is something that you typically won’t find with other services.
And don’t forget about ZipRecruiter if you’re on the other side of the table. It has a large job database you can utilize in your job search efforts as well.
Have you had any personal experience with ZipRecruiter?