Welcome to the personal finance event that will bring you some much-needed excitement this tax season. Seriously. We’re giving away 3 brand new Apple iPads to Money Crashers readers.
File your taxes online by the April 15th tax deadline, and win one of the hottest new gadgets around. All you need to do is file your taxes online using one of our links to our 3 favorite tax filing services (*and even if you’ve already filed, you can still enter by simply sending us your tax confirmation e-mail*).
How the Contest Works
We’re giving away 3 Apple iPads (16GB with Wi-Fi) valued at $499 each.
The contest runs through April 15, 2010 and the 3 winners will be selected by a random draw on April 16, 2010.
To participate in the contest, all you have to do is perform certain actions that gain you more entries. The more entries you have, the higher your chances of winning an Apple iPad.
Below is a step by step guide of how it works.
This is required in order to enter the contest so that we can keep track of your name, email, and Twitter username for the participation list. We will also send you updates to the contest via email including the list of winners. This is a separate list from previous contests, so you will need to sign up again for this specific giveaway even if you were part of a previous one. Signing up gets you 1 entry.
This list will never be sold and we will never send anything that resembles spam. Promise!
2. Subscribe to the Money Crashers RSS feed.
We release daily personal finance posts through the RSS feed with useful tips on how to budget and manage your money – including strategies for getting the most out of your tax return. You won’t want to miss out.
Subscribe to the RSS feed now. We’ll give you 20 extra entries if you subscribe via email through the form below (i.e. you’ll receive daily digests in your inbox of the latest Money Crashers articles).
3. Collect Entries
You can increase your chances of winning an Apple iPad by collecting additional entries for the contest. Check out the list of actions below. For example, joining the mailing list is required and will gain you 1 entry, subscribing to our RSS feed via email will get you 20 entries, tweeting about the contest will gain you 10 more, filing your taxes will get you a whopping 100 entries, etc.
The complete list of ways you can gain entries is below:
- Sign up for the contest mailing list – form above (required) – 1 entry
- Subscribe to the Money Crashers RSS feed via email – form above – 20 entries
- Comment on any Money Crashers blog posts – 3 entries for every comment (note: only useful comments that add to the conversation will be counted – 5 comments per day limit)
- Write a blog post about the Money Crashers 2010 Online Tax Filing Giveaway – 30 entries (3 limit)
- Follow @MoneyCrashers on Twitter – 15 entries
- Tweet out the following message – “Win a free Apple iPad just for filing your taxes online! @MoneyCrashers 2010 Online Tax Filing Giveaway http://bit.ly/c8iKSU #moneycrashers” – 10 entries (1 per week limit)
- Email this post to a friend using the link provided here:
[email_link] 5 entries each (10 limit)
- File your taxes online by April 15th using one of our links to the 3 tax filing services (TurboTax, TaxACT, H&R Block At Home). Once you’ve done that, forward the tax return confirmation email to us at mc [at] moneycrashers [dot] com. That way we’ll be able to credit you properly with 100 entries. If you have happen to have filed your taxes online prior to this Giveaway, just forward us your confirmation e-mail and you will still receive the 100 entries..
4. Random draw for all prizes on April 16, 2010.
A random draw will be held for all prizes on Friday, April 16th. The chances of you winning depends on the number of entries you accumulate as well as the number of entries held by all of the participants.
There, we’ve given you something to look forward to when filing your taxes this year. Now get moving.
Note: Since we will be keeping track of all the entries, you do not need to e-mail us or comment on this post telling us what actions you have performed (other than forwarding us your tax return confirmation email).
Now, here’s some more info about the products
Below are 3 of the best tax products that we have handpicked and reviewed. In addition to the comparison table below, we’ve also put together in-depth reviews on each of the 3 tax products: TurboTax, TaxACT, and H&R Block. We’ve done all the homework for you; now you just need to choose your favorite and file your taxes! No matter your financial background or complexity of your finances, these tax products can no doubt work well for your situation.
Tax Software Comparison
Read the full TurboTax Review
Read the full TaxACT Review
Read the full H&R Block Review
|Easy to Sign Up|
Free, $49.95, $74.95, $99.95, $149.95
Free, $9.95, $17.95
Free, $49.95, $74.95, $79.95
|Products for various personal filers|
|Products for business owner filers|
|Access to a Tax Consultant|
|Additional State Tax Filing|
|IRS Return Receipt Acknowledgement|
|Tax Consulting Availability|
|Complete Support Phone, Email, Chat|
|Online Encrypted Security|
|Keeps returns online for later review|
|Money Back Guarantees|