At a glance
Action Alerts PLUS
- Jim Cramer. Action Alerts PLUS was developed by and continues to be offered by Jim Cramer through his company, TheStreet. Jim Cramer is a popular television personality and one of the most famous investors who has ever lived. Having an expert like this in your corner can greatly expand your potential profitability.
- Real-Time Alerts. Members receive real-time alerts informing them of potentially profitable investing and trading opportunities and giving them the ability to invest like Jim Cramer.
- Access to Jim Cramer’s Investment Portfolio. There’s an overwhelming amount of value in having the ability to see what’s happening in a portfolio managed by an investing guru like Jim Cramer. With this access, you essentially become one of Jim Cramer’s insiders.
- Stock Market Indexes. Action Alerts PLUS comes with access to the company’s four unique stock market indexes. Each index is custom tailored to one of the four key styles of investing, including growth, value, income, or a blend of the three investing strategies.
- Access to Other Investors. Members of Action Alerts PLUS service have access to Jim Cramer’s investor forum. This is a high-level investing and trading forum where many experts share their opinions on what’s happening in the stock market.
- Compelling Price. Members have the option to pay in three ways, a monthly subscription, an annual subscription, or a two-year subscription. The cost of memberships are $59 per month, $299 per year, or $499 every other year, representing a low-cost option when compared to similar services. By going biennial, you save $917 over the monthly subscription price and $99 over the annual subscription price.
Jim Cramer is no stranger to the stock market, nor its participants. As the host of CNBC’s “Mad Money,” the television personality and investing guru has captured the attention of the vast United States investing audience.
Prior to his position as the host of “Mad Money,” Jim Cramer was a hedge fund manager, managing millions of dollars invested in the stock market. Considering his pedigree on Wall Street, it’s not surprising that as the name behind Action Alerts PLUS, Cramer has driven quite a bit of interest in the service.
What Is Action Alerts PLUS?
Action Alerts PLUS is a stock-picking service with Cramer himself being one of the stock pickers. However, the service goes far beyond that.
Action Alerts PLUS is an all-inclusive toolbox that’s fit for investors and traders, no matter what style or strategy you follow. The service puts Jim Cramer and his team of experts at TheStreet in your corner when making investment decisions.
This is done through educational materials, stock analysis, weekly roundup emails, exclusive monthly calls with Cramer and his team, and more. Action Alerts PLUS is a service that’s designed to give you a low-cost way to gain a competitive edge in the stock market.
Here are the key features of Action Alerts PLUS:
1. Jim Cramer Himself
Jim Cramer is no stranger to the stock market. He’s the host of CNBC’s “Mad Money,” where he provides the entire country with actionable insights surrounding the stock market. Before “Mad Money,” Cramer was a well-respected hedge fund manager on Wall Street. He didn’t get such a following by making a ton of failing trades.
Cramer has enjoyed massive success. According to Market Realist, his net worth is about $100 million. Sure, he’s still got quite a way to go to become a billionaire, but saying that he hasn’t done badly is an understatement.
Throughout your life, you’ve had the opportunity to learn from people who’ve come before you. Your parents taught you how to be a good person, your managers in early jobs taught you how to handle yourself in professional environments, and your mentors taught you — and may continue to teach you — how to achieve your life’s goals.
Strangely enough, when it comes to the stock market, many people find themselves in a do-it-yourself situation. Money is a taboo topic, and sharing too much about your finances with anyone — including family — can be uncomfortable.
A membership with Action Alerts PLUS helps to solve this problem. Through the membership, you’ll have access to educational content, investment advice, and stock recommendations designed by Cramer and his team, as well as an exclusive monthly call with Jim and access to TheStreet’s investor forum, where you can speak to like-minded investors, all of which is outlined below.
Although all of the other features are important, an opportunity to learn from the pros is overwhelmingly valuable.
2. Access to TheStreet’s Charitable Trust Portfolio
TheStreet’s Charitable Trust Portfolio is an investment portfolio that’s compiled of more than 30 stocks. Each stock has been hand-chosen by the experts at TheStreet.
Although it’s never a good idea to blindly follow the moves of any expert — even Jim Cramer — when looking for new opportunities in the stock market, it’s nice to have a list of stocks that experts at one of Wall Street’s most trusted firms find interesting enough to bet their jobs on them.
Of course, your investment portfolio should be based on your unique investing goals, but getting a look at how a $2.5 million investment portfolio like this is being managed opens the door to potentially lucrative opportunities.
3. Real-Time Trade Alerts
Any successful trader will tell you that finding the opportunities is just as important as analyzing them. Any real-time alert that quickly opens your eyes to an opportunity in the stock market is a valuable concept.
After all, the term “time is money” is no more true anywhere than it is in the stock market.
Action Alert Plus members will receive real-time alerts, pointing out stock picks even before the experts at TheStreet.com make their moves. The alerts come via email and text message, helping to ensure that you don’t miss an opportunity.
As the name Action Alerts PLUS suggests, this is a stock-picking service, and with the experts at TheStreet behind it, the stocks picks are worth looking into.
4. Critical Market Insights and Weekly Roundups
TheStreet.com is a massive company. According to its LinkedIn profile, TheStreet employs between 501 and 1,000 people. A company of this size on Wall Street has a compelling number of experts doing its bidding in the stock market.
Many of the experts employed at TheStreet are analysts whose sole job is to analyze opportunities in the stock market. Members of Action Alerts PLUS receive access to the reports these analysts provide, including price targets on all stocks covered.
These reports include detailed analyst coverage as well as weekly roundups that give investors an overview of the biggest opportunities that happened in the prior week and the opportunities that likely lie in the week ahead.
Again, investors should never blindly follow the opinions of any Wall Street experts, but access to this kind of information is overwhelmingly valuable when assessing the potential risks and rewards associated with an investment opportunity.
5. Stock Market Indexes F\for Different Investing Styles
Stock market indexes are valuable tools for multiple reasons. They provide a benchmark to which investors can compare their own portfolio returns, a look at historic performance in specific corners of the stock market, and valuable ideas when it comes to stock picks.
Action Alerts PLUS gives subscribers access to four stock market indexes developed by the experts at TheStreet, each of which is designed for investors who follow specific investing styles. These styles include:
- Value. Value investors are looking for discounts in the stock market. They use valuation metrics like price-to-earnings and price-to-sales ratios to determine if a stock is undervalued. TheStreet’s Value Index is tailored to this style of investor.
- Growth. Growth investors are focused on appreciation of capital and nothing else. They invest in stocks that have displayed above average growth, even if the price seems overvalued. TheStreet’s Growth Index is custom-built for growth investors.
- Income. Finally, income investors are looking for income, generally through dividend payments, while maintaining relatively slow, yet steady capital growth. TheStreet’s Income Index is designed to meet the needs of this group of investors.
- Blend. For the average investor, a hybrid investing strategy is the best course of action. This gives investors access to value, growth, and income for a well-diversified portfolio. TheStreet’s Blend Index is designed to meet the needs of investors who blend multiple investing strategies together.
6. Access to TheStreet’s Interactive Forum
There are few features of any investing service that are more valuable than access to experts. TheStreet’s interactive forum is a platform that gives Action Alerts PLUS subscribers just that.
The interactive forum at TheStreet is a members-only platform that’s incredibly active. Members of the forum range from novice investors to experts, giving you the opportunity to learn from the pros while showing the ropes to those who are newer to the market than you.
7. Jim Cramer’s Exclusive Monthly Call
Once per month, Jim Cramer himself joins his Action Alerts PLUS team for an exclusive call for subscribers. During this call, Cramer and his experts provide subscribers with detailed insights into the opportunities that lie in the month ahead, both from a big-picture and a single-asset perspective.
The monthly call is to provide Action Alerts PLUS members with a roadmap that will act as a guide for successful investment decisions in the month ahead. This is done through data-driven market commentary from Cramer and other investing experts you can trust.
8. Educational Materials
Educated investing decisions are generally the most profitable. After all, it’s important to have a detailed understanding of the investments you make before risking your hard-earned money.
Unfortunately, stock market investing isn’t generally a topic that you learn in school, even during college for most professions. When you decide to start investing, your education is largely, well, your own problem.
The educational materials offered to members of Action Alerts PLUS are second to none. Not only are these materials comprehensive, but they are designed to provide investors with the education they need in a way they can actually understand, helping a novice and intermediate market participant work their way to becoming an expert.
9. Fundamental and Technical Analysis for Every Stock in the Portfolio
Fundamental and technical analysis are key tools that investors and traders use to make educated decisions in the stock market. Action Alerts PLUS members receive access to all fundamental and technical analysis data the experts at TheStreet have compiled.
From a fundamental perspective, you’ll receive access to valuation and financial stability data, information about management, and more. From a technical perspective, you’ll receive a detailed technical report for each stock listed on any of TheStreet’s four stock market indexes as well as any of its portfolio investments.
Advantages of Action Alerts PLUS
There are several benefits to an Action Alerts PLUS subscription. Some of the biggest advantages to consider include:
- Access to Expert Data. The experts at TheStreet live, eat, and breathe investing. These are some of the most well-respected professionals on Wall Street, and having access to the data they develop is all but priceless.
- Educational Tools. The educational platform available to members of the Action Alerts PLUS service is second to none. Because education is the basis of profitable investment decisions, these tools are invaluable, especially for novices.
- Access to Jim Cramer’s Portfolio. Jim Cramer is one of the most well-known and well-respected investors on Wall Street. Having access to view his portfolio provides an opportunity to find potentially winning investment opportunities when adjusting your own investment portfolio.
- Detailed Analysis. The fundamental and technical analysis provided to Action Alerts PLUS subscribers offers detailed information that can improve your investing profits.
Disadvantages of Action Alerts PLUS
For the most part, there’s little to complain about when it comes to Action Alerts PLUS. There is one rub for some, however. At the moment, the alerts come with no guidance with regard to stop losses. Setting a stop loss on a trade limits your potential losses and balances the scales of risk v. reward in your favor.
All in all, Jim Cramer’s Action Alerts PLUS is the perfect addition to just about any trader or investor’s toolbox. Between the educational materials, the detailed analysis provided, and the ability to connect with other investors, the service provides a great platform to expand your knowledge of the stock market as a whole and research the opportunities that you find within it.
With very low subscription costs compared to other, similar services, and one of the best teams on Wall Street behind the program, Action Alerts PLUS is worth your attention.
Action Alerts PLUS
Jim Cramer’s Action Alerts PLUS is a compelling offering. As the star of CNBC’s Mad Money, Jim Cramer has won the attention and the hearts of investors of all ages. His expertise in the market is hard to ignore, and Action Alerts PLUS gives you access to that expertise and more, at a highly competitive cost. All in all, Action Alerts PLUS is worth a look for any investor or trader looking to up their game in the stock market.
Action Alerts PLUS combines expert advice and analysis with compelling educational tools. Putting Jim Cramer in your corner for as little as $20.79 per month when you sign up for a two-year subscription, the strategic advantage the service gives you in the stock market should not be ignored.