Are you passionate about all things banking and credit cards? Share your expertise and get paid competitively. Apply to be a Money Crashers writer now.
Money Crashers is currently looking for writers with a passion for detail and research to contribute engaging, informative posts on a range of topics in the banking and credit sphere. Potential areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
- Bank account promotions
- Credit card rewards (travel, cash back, dining, etc.)
- Secured credit cards and credit-builder loans
- Various checking and savings account types (e.g., student, free, rewards)
- Other bank accounts (money market, CDs)
- Credit scores/reports
- Small-business banking and credit cards
Expertise in one or more of these broad areas through direct experience, advanced education, or certification is required. Note that currently, we do not cover mortgages, loans, or other personal finance topics.
The ideal writer:
- Is a U.S. resident
- Is an excellent writer
- Is a ruthless self-editor
- Has published samples from recognized, reputable banking and credit card (or adjacent) sites
- Can write longer, comprehensive articles (approximately 1,000 to 2,000 words) as needed
- Can incorporate SEO keywords naturally
- Is passionate about empowering readers to take charge of their finances
- Understands, introduces, and conveys complex concepts to readers in an engaging and clear fashion
- Is an adroit researcher
- Has high standards and turns in publication-quality pieces each and every time, with or without an editor
- Is able to work with an editor
- Has high attention to detail
- Is familiar with and able to follow style guides (e.g., AP, house)
- Is willing and able to do revisions as needed until the piece is right
- Is available to update pieces as needed to ensure data is current and accurate
- Is communicative
- Has experience with or is willing to learn to use programs like Canva to create assets to accompany their articles
- Has experience with or is willing to learn to use tools like AI, Grammarly, and Hemingway Editor to improve the quality of their work
- Is decent at math and utilizing equations
- Has experience with or is willing to learn to use Google Drive.
- Is adaptable and open to development
- Is willing to submit a (paid) custom sample on a trial basis
This is a freelance, contract position. Starting base rate per article is competitive. Get paid monthly through PayPal or direct deposit.
Please fill out the application if you’re interested.
Tip: In lieu of a traditional cover letter, include a page with your uploaded resume that outlines how you meet or exceed our standards for the ideal writer.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we’re unable to respond to every applicant individually.