At a glance
- Cost: Free
- Features: Printable coupons; use digital coupons and online promo codes; earn cash-back rewards with the Coupons.com mobile app
- Advantages: Extensive coupon database; regularly adds new coupons; online promo codes for thousands of stores; earn cash back instantly with the app
- Disadvantages: Searching for coupons and promo codes takes time; most coupons have a printing limit of two coupons
As a saving tool, coupons are incredibly popular. According to Statista, almost 90% of people used coupons in 2020. The bottom line is that for decades, coupons have been helping people save on groceries, everyday essentials, and their favorite brands.
Whether you’re just learning how to coupon or a self-proclaimed extreme couponer, sourcing coupons is the first step to saving money.
That’s why Coupons.com, a leading coupons website, is a must-use couponing tool for savvy shoppers. If you want free paper and digital coupons plus the chance to earn cash-back rewards, this couponing platform is worth signing up for.
Coupons.com is a free couponing website run by Quotient Technology Inc, the company that owns supermarket deal website Shopmium and formerly-operating apps like Grocery IQ and SavingStar.
But Coupons.com is the flagship website. You can find hundreds of dollars in free coupons at any time on the platform across numerous shopping categories. This makes Coupons.com an excellent resource for anyone looking to go beyond using the occasional coupon they find in the mail when they get a store flyer.
Additionally, Coupons.com offers several ways to use coupons and online promo codes to save money.
Printable coupons are one way to save with Coupons.com, and you can find coupons for multiple categories, including:
- Baby and toddler
- Food and beverages
- Household essentials
- Office and electronics
- Personal care
- Pet products
Groceries are the largest category, and you can usually find several dozen grocery coupons while other categories might have under 10 coupons. But new coupons appear daily, so it’s worth visiting Coupons.com regularly to find deals for your next shopping trip.
When you select a category, Coupons.com displays a list of printable coupons. Clicking on a coupon adds it to your list. You can review coupons on your list before printing, but you need to create a free Coupons.com account with your email address or Facebook account before viewing your list.
Alternatively, you can print coupons without creating an account using the print button, but Coupons.com requires your phone number and sends a verification code via text that you must enter before printing.
Printing paper coupons might seem old school when you consider how popular mobile coupon apps like Ibotta and Fetch Rewards are. But paper coupons are still an effective way to save, and Coupons.com regularly has offers for several dollars off your purchase.
For example, some current manufacturer coupons include:
- $1 off Listerine Mouthwash
- $1.25 off Magnum Ice Cream
- $2 off any Garnier Fructis shampoo, conditioner, or dry shampoo product
- $2.50 off any Neutrogena acne product
- $4 off Claritin Chewables
- $5 off Rogaine
Most offers only let you print two coupons per account, so you need multiple household members to sign up for Coupons.com if you want additional paper coupons.
Also read coupon terms carefully before printing to avoid wasting ink on coupons that don’t cover the products you want to buy or are expiring soon. You can view complete coupon details and expiration dates on your computer’s printing preview screen. Alternatively, save coupons as a PDF instead of hitting print and read the coupon details in PDF form.
Another way Coupons.com helps you save money is with digital coupons. Coupons.com has digital coupons for dozens of stores, including massive retailers like:
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Dollar General
- Food Lion
- Sam’s Club
Additionally, you can usually find 50 to several hundred digital coupons per retailer, so the saving potential is higher than just using paper coupons.
However, if you want to use digital coupons at a retailer, you need to have a loyalty card or be a member of that retailer’s loyalty program. This is because Coupons.com links with your loyalty card or rewards program number and saves digital coupons to your account. This lets you shop in-store and redeem coupons at the register.
For example, on the Walgreens coupons page, you might find a $2 off coupon for Tide laundry detergent that you want to redeem. When you click on the coupon, you have to enter your phone number to find your myWalgreens membership and link it to Coupons.com. Afterward, Coupons.com saves the digital coupon to your Walgreens account. You redeem the coupon at the register when the cashier enters your myWalgreens membership information.
Ultimately, if you can load several digital coupons onto a loyalty card or membership before shopping, you can consistently find savings at checkout thanks to Coupons.com.
Coupons.com Mobile App
Many Coupons.com partners let you save coupons directly to your store loyalty card or membership account to redeem savings in-store. But certain stores like Costco, Kroger, Target, and Walmart require using the Coupons.com app to redeem savings.
The Coupons.com app is free for Android and iOS and offers additional ways to save on groceries and everyday essentials. Using the mobile app takes three steps:
- Find Offers. Scan the Coupons.com app for cash-back rebates on products you want to buy and activate them by tapping on them to add them to your shopping list. This is the same step apps like Ibotta require, and you have to activate offers before shopping if you want to save.
- Shop. Buy the products on your shopping list. Some offers are store-specific but most are for brands you can find at multiple retailers so you can shop at your favorite stores.
- Redeem Savings. If the store you’re shopping at lets you link a loyalty card or membership program to your Coupons.com account, coupons apply at the register and reduce your purchase total. But for stores like Costco and Walmart that don’t allow linking a card, you have to verify your purchase by taking a picture of your receipt with the Coupons.com app. After Coupons.com verifies that you bought eligible products, you get cash in your PayPal account. This means you can either save with coupons at the register or enjoy cash-back rebates with the app.
The best part about earning cash back with the Coupons.com app is that there isn’t a payout minimum. As soon as you earn cash back, you get the money in your PayPal account. This is different from reward apps like Dosh that requires $25 to cash out or from the shopping platform Rakuten, which only pays you quarterly if you have at least $5 in cash back.
Plus, Coupons.com gives a $5 welcome bonus when you redeem an offer for the first time through the app.
Like other receipt scanning apps, remember to activate offers before shopping if you want to earn. Additionally, receipts need to clearly show the date, retailer name, transaction total, and list of products you bought to be eligible.
Paper and digital coupons are the main ways to save with Coupons.com. But if you’re an avid online shopper, you can still find deals thanks to promo codes.
Coupons.com has a database of promo codes and online-only deals for over 1,000 stores, including:
- Best Buy
- Home Depot
You can search for specific stores or products you want promo codes for. If you search by store, Coupons.com displays a list of available promo codes you can use. For example, at Target.com, promos include:
- Up to 70% off clearance products
- $5, $10, or $20 Target gift cards with select purchases
- Up to 25% off furniture
- 20% off baby clothing with Target Circle
Promos have a “Activate Code” button you click to redirect you to the retailer’s offer page. It’s worth noting that offers aren’t always active or even exclusive to Coupons.com; Target runs 70% off on clearance products all the time, so this isn’t a secret deal.
Coupons.com essentially aggregates promo codes from around the web so you know about them before shopping. This is similar to the deal database RetailMeNot and the shopping extension Honey that also let you search for stores with ongoing discounts.
The best way to save money with promo codes is by comparison shopping. Instead of searching for specific stores, search for products or product categories you want to buy, like shoes. You can then view a list of promo codes from various retailers to find the best deals on shoes that are currently running.
Coupons.com is a leading couponing website with numerous advantages thanks to its depth of coupons and retail partners.
- Coupon Variety. Redeem paper or digital coupons for in-store savings. Alternatively, use the Coupons.com app to earn cash back on specific purchases. You can also use promo codes to save money when shopping online.
- Store Variety. Coupons.com works with hundreds of stores for in-store savings and over 1,000 stores for online promo codes. Plus, Coupons.com works with many major grocery stores and retailers like Walmart, making it an effective way to save on groceries and everyday purchases.
- Completely Free. Creating a Coupons.com account is free and requires your email address and phone number or your Facebook account and phone number. There aren’t hidden fees or membership costs to worry about.
- No Cash-Back Minimums. Most apps that pay you require earning $5 to $25 in cash back before you redeem rewards. In contrast, Coupons.com lets you enjoy cash back immediately.
- Welcome Bonus. A $5 welcome bonus for redeeming an offer with the Coupons.com app is a fast and simple way to save more money with the platform.
Despite the variety of coupons and generous cash-back system, there are several downsides to using Coupons.com.
- Paper Coupon Limits. If you prefer using paper coupons, the two-coupon printing limit is a significant downside. In this case, you’re better off searching for printable coupons directly on brand websites like Pillsbury and Kellogg’s or relying on coupon inserts in the mail.
- Mediocre Online Promo Codes. Despite the depth of promo codes, Coupons.com is just an aggregator of deals that isn’t different from RetailMeNot. Additionally, you can use shopping browser extensions like Honey and Capital One Shopping to automatically apply coupons at checkout when shopping online to skip searching for promo codes yourself.
- Not Always Passive. Adding coupons to store loyalty cards is the lowest-effort way to save money with Coupons.com. But you still need to activate offers before shopping or search for printable coupons if you want to save. If you’re looking for passive savings, use Dosh alongside a cash-back credit card to save on everyday purchases instead.
One basic couponing tip is to know where to find coupons in the first place. On that front, Coupons.com is one of the best resources for finding printable and digital coupons to save money. When you throw in cash-back rewards from its mobile app, it’s clear Coupons.com is a versatile platform that deserves a place in your arsenal of money-saving tools.
However, it’s still important to stick to a budget so you spend within your means. Additionally, avoid impulse buys and follow a regular shopping list. A couponing tool like Coupons.com is only useful if it helps you save money on the products you normally buy.
If you find you’re adjusting your shopping list for the sake of snagging a deal, make sure the deal is worth it and that you actually enjoy the product and aren’t sacrificing quality or wasting money for the sake of bargain hunting.
If you’re looking for a new coupon site that consistently helps you save money, Coupons.com is for you. The variety of paper and digital coupons, plus the mobile app, gives you flexibility for how you redeem savings. Plus, new coupons appear daily across numerous shopping categories, so there’s something for every shopper. Between coupons and promo codes, you can also find deals at over 1,000 partners.
If you mostly shop online, browser extensions like Honey and Capital One Shopping are superior to Coupons.com’s promo codes. Additionally, you have to spend time searching for coupons and print or save them for later use, so saving isn’t passive. But, if you want a reliable coupon database to find extra savings, Coupons.com is what you’re looking for.
The number of available coupons and store partners makes Coupons.com one of the most reliable, free sources for finding coupons for your next shopping trip.