Advertiser Disclosure: This post includes references to offers from our partners. We receive compensation when you click on links to those products. However, the opinions expressed here are ours alone and at no time has the editorial content been provided, reviewed, or approved by any issuer.
Small business owners and sole proprietors need business credit cards to finance various purchases and to track expenses. In addition, business owners may want to use their cards to earn valuable rewards.
The Citi AT&T Universal Business Rewards Card offers reasonable interest rates and a solid rewards program that allows business owners to earn extra points for purchasing gas, office supplies, professional services, and purchases from AT&T while easily tracking business expenses.
- Earn ThankYou Reward Points. Cardholders earn 1 point per dollar spent on most purchases and earn 3 points per dollar charged at office supply stores, gas stations, and for professional services. In addition, cardholders earn 5 points per dollar spent on qualifying purchases from AT&T. In the best case scenario, this roughly translates to a 1%, 3%, and 5% return on purchases.
- Redeem ThankYou Points. You can redeem 8,000 Citi ThankYou points for a $50 check, with a value of 0.8 cents per point. You can also redeem points for merchandise, gift cards, and travel which return 0.8 to 1.0 cent in value per point.
- Introductory Financing on Purchases. Cardholders receive a 0% introductory financing offer on purchases for the first six months. This promotional rate does not apply to balance transfers, however.
- Standard Interest Rate. After the introductory period expires, charges incur interest at a variable rate of 14.24%.
- Benefits. In addition to the rewards program, cardholders have access to numerous benefits including quarterly and annual summaries of spending. This card also features travel and emergency assistance and travel accident insurance.
- Annual Fee. This card has no annual fee.
- Foreign Transaction Fees. There is a 3% foreign transaction fee on all purchases processed outside of the United States.
- Competitive Reward Rate. With some redemption opportunities valued at one cent per point, businesses can earn the equivalent of a 5% return for AT&T purchases including telephone equipment and cell phone service. Cardholders can also earn 3% returns on purchases such as office supplies and gas.
- Track Expenses. Businesses can use the quarterly and annual summaries to track expenses for tax purposes.
- Travel Assistance and Insurance Policies. This card comes with a range of complementary travel assistance features and insurance policies that benefit people who travel for business. These services include medical and legal referrals, lost luggage assistance, and accident insurance for any injuries sustained on scheduled plane, train, or bus service.
- Competitive Interest Rates. Companies that need short-term financing assistance benefit from the six-month 0% introductory rate on purchases. The standard interest rate is also competitive for a rewards card.
- No Annual Fee. Unlike many rewards credit cards, the Citi AT&T Universal Business Rewards Card has no annual fee.
- Not the Best Rewards Card. Many cards return the equivalent of 2% cash back, while most purchases made with this card only receive a 1% return. Cardholders might appreciate the five points returned per dollar spent on AT&T purchases, but other cards return 5% cash back for all wireless bills.
- Foreign Transaction Fees. This card has a high 3% foreign transaction fee. Many other banks have stopped charging customers foreign transaction fees altogether.
Business owners should find a credit card that offers the right mix of features and perks with low fees and rates. The Citi AT&T Universal Business Rewards Card benefits businesses whose employees have mobile phones or other services though AT&T, while also providing returns for gasoline and office supply purchases. In order to qualify for this card, applicants must have an excellent credit score. If you need a credit card for business use that features good benefits and no annual fee, this product might just fit the bill.
Do you have the Citi AT&T Universal Business Rewards Card? Do you receive an adequate return from the rewards program for your small business?