Do you own an iPhone? If so, you know that there is an app for just about anything you can think of. While some are for fun and pleasure, there are others that can help you financially. Wouldn’t it be great to use your iPhone for more than sports score updates and to find the best restaurant in your city? Because of open-source programming technology, smart phones like iPhone and the Google Android phones allow just about anyone with a knack at mobile programming to develop applications for just about ANYTHING. This gives endless functionality to phones like the iPhone. Let’s take a look at some very useful financial applications to help with everyday financial situations and make life easier for you.
Below are seven of the top financial iPhone apps:
1. ATM Hunter. Have you ever been out of your comfort zone and in desperate need of an ATM? If so, this app from MasterCard is sure to save the day. No matter what city you are in, with this app you will always be able to find an ATM close by.
2. Tipulator. Do you struggle with how much money to leave as a tip when eating out? This is where the Tipulator app comes into play. There’s no need to whip out your tip card anymore and stare at an incredibly small tip chart. Although tip calculators are nothing new, this app has many features that make the math simple.
3. BillMinder. No matter what, there will always be people who forget when their bills are due. If you need help staying on the ball, this app is perfect for you. It can track recurring bills, help you manage past payments, and allow you to mark balances as paid or unpaid.
4. LoanShark. When applying for a loan you need to consider the finer details. This app helps you calculate the costs of several loans, while comparing rates and payment terms. Along with this, you can even access amortization tables that are essential for long term loans. For car buyers, in particular, this is a great app. You never again have to trust the finance department.
5. Bloomberg Mobile. Are you the type of person who likes to stay up to date with the latest stock market news? Do you work as a trader or just like to invest your money? With this app you can access real time stock quotes, news, updates, and much more.
6. Save Benjis. There is nothing worse than buying an item at one store just to find that it could be had for cheaper somewhere else. Well, if you have your iPhone and the Save Benjis app you never again have to worry about this. This app allows you to instantly compare prices to ensure that you get the best deal.
7. PayPal. While PayPal has been the number one online payment processor for many years, it is now available in a mobile version. If you need to send money for personal or business use from the road, it doesn’t get any better than this app.
These are just seven of the many financial iPhone apps that are used by millions of people across the world. There are obvious budgeting iPhone apps like the Mint.com app, but we wanted to highlight some applications that you might not know about. Plus, these are ones that you can use while on-the-go. My favorite part about the iPhone is learning about new apps from other people. What are some of your favorite financial apps?
(photo credit: Gonzalo Baeza Hernández)