Many stores offer customers gift cards for refunds in lieu of cash. Most gift cards can only be used at specific merchants, so a thriving market exists for the sale and trade of unwanted gift cards.
Cardpool buys and sells gift cards, helping consumers to maximize utilization of the cards.
How Cardpool Works
- Cardpool Is Both Buyer & Seller. As a broker, Cardpool essentially serves as both the buyer and seller of your gift cards.
- Types of Cards Permitted. Cards in the marketplace have no fees or expiration dates, which ensures that customers receive the advertised value from any card purchase. Cardpool accepts cards from most major retailers, and many smaller merchants. They also accept physical cards and e-cards.
- Buy Gift Cards. Customers can purchase gift cards on the website for as much as 35% off their stored value. Buying gift cards is easy; you can pay for your purchase with a credit card, and receive the card in the mail a few days later. If you purchase an electronic card, you receive the code in an email.
- Sell Gift Cards. When you sell gift cards to Cardpool, the website issues a check within one day of the website’s receipt of your cards. You should receive payment within 3-5 business days. Alternatively, you can choose to exchange your gift cards for electronic vouchers from Amazon.com. As an authorized Amazon retailer, Cardpool offers you a few percentage points more in value when you choose this option. You may also choose to use the value of cards sold to the website towards the purchase of other gift cards.
- Free Shipping. When you purchase a gift card, Cardpool does not charge you for shipping or handling fees. When you sell a gift card, you receive a free shipping label. E-card transactions are conducted over email.
- Cardpool Purchase Guarantee. The website guarantees your satisfaction for up to 100 days after purchase, and guarantees that your cards contain the entire value quoted, or your money will be refunded.
- One Stop Shopping. You can trade or sell several gift cards quickly, trading them in for cash, other cards, or discounted Amazon cards.
- Free Shipping. Cardpool doesn’t charge customers for shipping or handling.
- Wishlist Feature. You can create a list of the cards you want on Cardpool. When the website receives one of the cards on your list, you receive an email notification.
- Simplicity. Unlike other websites, the gift cards available from Cardpool have no expiration date. The website does not have advertising banners or complicated terms and conditions that plague competing gift card broker websites.
- Amazon Trade-Option Bonus. Sellers receive about 4% more value from their traded cards when redeemed for Amazon credit instead of cash. Amazon has extensive product offerings and competitive prices, making this option a great deal for customers.
- Limited Selection. While Cardpool lists hundreds of merchants, they do not always have all of the featured cards in stock.
- New Gift Cards May Be Sold for Less. 10% off of a restaurant chain gift card sounds great, but you can purchase many of the same gift cards online or at warehouse stores for 20% off of face value. Before seizing a deal for a secondhand card, find out if you can get better deals on the discounted gift card somewhere else.
- Significant Discount on Purchased Cards. Cardpool buys many gift cards from sellers for a 20% discount. Make sure you really have no other use for the card before agreeing to sell your card online.
- No Search Feature. You can browse through hundreds of merchants and dozens of categories, but the website does not have a simple search bar to enter in the name of the merchant you need to find. This is a notable omission in an otherwise streamlined and functional web site.
When trying to unload your unwanted gift cards to a broker, you have many different options. Find a buyer that makes the process simple and secure. Carpool allows customers to cash out their gift cards for most of their value, and with very little hassle. You can also save money when you buy gift cards from Cardpool. In a highly competitive market for gift card sales and purchases, Cardpool has come to the table with a strong offering.
Have you ever bought or sold gift cards online through Cardpool? What was your experience like?