For many, Spring is the best time of the year. After being cooped up inside during the winter months, you are waiting to get out and enjoy the fresh air. While there are many activities that you can take part in during the spring months, not all of them are free. In fact, some are very expensive. If you are interested in having free fun this spring, the five activities below will be perfect for you. We think that one or more of these will hit home and get you excited about the months to come.
1. Go on a picnic. Those who live in the snow belt have to stay inside for many months during the winter season. When spring finally arrives and the weather breaks, there is nothing more exciting than having a picnic at your favorite park. Pack up a few of your favorite foods and drinks, gather some friends and/or family, and celebrate the warm weather. Winter is over, you can finally enjoy the outdoors once again!
Go to a local park, but not one that is going to cost you any money. It is easy to have fun at an amusement park with roller coasters, concessions, and tons of games. That being said, you can have just as much fun at a park with nothing more than a picnic table, swings, and a slide or two. Remember, your experience is what you make of it and who you share it with. Visiting a local park, regardless of your age, can be a lot of fun.
2. Walk, jog, run, and play for fun and fitness. This activity is hit or miss. If you like to exercise, one of these regimens will be perfect for you during the spring time. You can walk around your neighborhood, jog a local trail through the woods, play some tennis, go for a nice bike ride, or run on a track at a nearby high school. The great thing about this is that you are having fun (if you enjoy exercising), but you are also getting yourself in better shape along the way.
3. Invite friends and family over for an outdoor party. Although you may be tempted to spend a lot of money, you don’t need to part with a dime. Instead, ask others to bring something as part of a potluck and also set up a few free games for your guests to play like croquet or touch football. This also works really well if you have a pool and/or a big backyard.
4. Take a nice drive around your city. When was the last time you took in the sights and sounds of your city and its surroundings? When spring time comes, get in your car, grab a friend or family member, put the windows down, and hit the road. Even if you only drive around for an hour or so, this is a great way to bring in the spring season.
5. Get your entire family involved with an outdoor project. Have you been waiting all winter to remove that fallen tree from your yard? Do you have an urge to prep your swimming pool for the upcoming months? Even though these things may sound like work, you can have a lot of fun doing them. You are getting your home into shape, while also spending time with those you care about.
If spring is your favorite season, you will be in your glory soon enough. Above are five ways to have free fun this spring time. Do you have any other good suggestions?