Most of the best bank account promotions on the market right now cater exclusively to consumers. Indeed, many of the United States’ best online banks seem to favor personal account holders rather than business owners.
But not all banks give business owners short shrift. If you’re a small-business owner, solopreneur, or freelancer, you just need to know where to look to find potentially lucrative credit union and bank account bonuses and referral opportunities.
Let this list guide you to entrepreneur-friendly banks and credit unions hungry enough for your business to pay you for it.
Best Business Bank Account Bonuses (February 2023)
These are the best business bank promotions this month. Unless otherwise noted, all are available to businesses of all sizes, including sole proprietors and freelancers without formal incorporation.
However, business checking and savings accounts impose minimum balance requirements, monthly maintenance fees, and other requirements or restrictions that can impact their suitability.
And all accounts must be open and in good standing when the bonus is paid.
A very attractive offer awaits Chase-curious entrepreneurs, including sole proprietors new to Chase Business Complete Banking: $300 for new Chase Business Complete Checking customers who open an account online or in-person and complete qualifying activities. This offer is valid through the stated offer end date.
It’s not difficult to qualify for this opportunity. All you need to do is open a new Chase Business Complete Checking account with qualifying activities (described at the link above).
No minimum opening deposit is required. Once your Chase business checking account is open, you’ll have multiple ways to waive the $15 monthly service fee.
Chase has ATMs and branches in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MI, NV, NJ, NY, OH, OK, OR, TX, UT, WA, WV, WI. This offer is available online nationwide, except for residents of AK, HI, and Puerto Rico.
U.S. Bank is offering new customers the opportunity to earn a $400 bonus through Jan. 30, 2023.
To earn it, you must open an eligible new business checking account online with promo code AF49ZCB, then complete qualifying activities1. This offer is subject to certain terms and limitations.
Choose from one of three eligible accounts and open it by Jan. 30, 2023:
- Silver Business Checking Package
- Gold Business Checking Package
- Platinum Business Checking Package
Then complete the following qualifying activities to earn the offer:
- Within 60 days of account opening, enroll in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
- Within 30 days of account opening, complete at least $3,000 in new money deposits.
- Maintain that balance for at least 60 days thereafter.
- Make at least five qualifying transactions into your new business checking account — including merchant deposits, ACH credits, wire credits or debits, debit card purchases, mobile check deposits, or bill payments.
Applicant must reside in AZ, AR, CA, CO, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, SD, TN, UT, WA, WI, WY to be eligible for checking account. Member FDIC.
Deposit products offered by U.S. Bank National Association. Member FDIC.
3. Axos Bank Basic Business Checking — Up to $200 Cash Bonus
Open a new Axos Bank Basic Business Checking account by the offer end date to earn a welcome bonus worth up to $200. Here’s how it works:
- If you’re a new business incorporated after June 1, 2020, enter the promo code “NEWBIZ200” when you apply for your new Axos Bank Basic Business Checking account. Complete all required activities and you’ll earn a bonus worth $200.
- If you’re an established business new to Axos Bank, use the promo code “NEWAXOSBIZ” when you apply and you’ll earn a bonus worth $100.
You’ll receive your cash bonus in your new checking account within five business days of your third statement cycle date.
Open a new Nearside Business Checking account to take advantage of a limited-time bonus opportunity: up to $40 back on your first deposit.
To earn the bonus, simply open your account using the link above and make your first deposit within one week of signing up. You’ll get 20% back on that deposit, up to a maximum of $40 back.
Funds are added to your account after your first deposit is posted. See terms for more information.
5. PNC Bank Business Checking — $200 Cash Bonus
Open an eligible new PNC Bank business checking account (Business Checking or Business Checking Plus) by Dec. 31, 2022, for the opportunity to earn a $200 cash bonus. Here’s how the bonus offer works:
- Open an eligible account by Dec. 31, 2022.
- Maintain an average cycle balance (account balance) of $5,000 or more for each of the first three statement cycles.
- Complete at least 20 total qualifying debit card transactions within the first three statement cycles.
Once you’ve completed the qualifying activities, you’ll receive a $200 cash bonus in your account within 90 days.
Alternatively, open a new Treasury Enterprise Plan or Analysis Business Checking account by Dec. 31, 2022, for the opportunity to earn a $500 bonus. All you need to do is maintain a minimum average balance of $30,000 throughout the first three statement cycles, and you’ll receive your bonus.
These offers are available nationwide. Limit one offer per customer.
Most of the banks mentioned here do not cater to small-business owners exclusively.
They also offer consumer accounts — in some cases, generous and expansive lineups that include free checking accounts, rewards checking accounts, CDs with above-average rates, money market accounts, and high-yield savings accounts that might just keep your emergency fund on pace with inflation.
Others offer cash-back credit cards, among other types of rewards-laden spending aids for individuals.
This matters. After all, every business owner is a person too — one with personal money management needs. That means every business owner needs a personal checking account, among other key personal banking relationships.
If you’d like that relationship to involve the same bank you choose for your business banking needs, perhaps one of these promotions will seal the deal.