Advertiser Disclosure: This post includes references to offers from our partners. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. However, the opinions expressed here are ours alone and at no time has the editorial content been provided, reviewed, or approved by any issuer.
Do you love to buy Gymboree clothing for your children? Are looking to gain some rewards for your loyalty? Fortunately, you can save 5% off every shopping trip with the Gymboree Visa from US Bank.
This card has no annual fee, but it does have a hefty APR of 13.99% to 22.99%, depending on credit worthiness. If you tend to carry a balance, the APR negates any savings. This card works best for people who pay off their credit cards each month (i.e. using credit cards wisely).
- Discount Off Every Purchase. Every time you use your Gymboree Visa at Gymboree, you receive a 5% discount off every item you purchase, including items on sale. If you purchase $150 worth of clothing for your children, for example, you automatically receive $7.50 off your order.
- Reward Cards. This card offers rewards when you use it for non-Gymboree retail store purchases. All non-Gymboree retail store purchases earn 1% back, which accumulates until you qualify for a $10 Gymboree Reward Card that you can use at Gymboree stores or on Gymboree.com. Rewards will roll over into subsequent billing periods until you have reached the $1,000 in qualified purchases necessary for a $10 reward card.
- No Annual Fee. This card has no annual fee.
- Foreign Transaction Fee. This card charges a foreign transaction fee for each transaction made outside of the U.S. The fee varies between 2-3%, depending upon how you use the card.
- No Annual Fee. Considering many cards have annual fees of $40 to $60 or more, a card like the Gymboree Visa with no annual fee provides an important savings to customers.
- Earn a $10 Enrollment Bonus. New cardholders receive a $10 Enrollment Bonus to use in the Gymboree store or at Gymboree.com.
- Extended Warranty Service. Register items purchased with your Gymboree Visa online or over the phone, and US Bank automatically doubles the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Travel Accident Insurance. When you purchase an airline ticket with your Gymboree Visa, you automatically receive $250,000 in travel accident insurance at no additional cost.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver. Receive auto rental coverage for damage due to collision or theft at no additional cost.
- High APR. Currently, the variable APR rate on purchases is 13.99% to 22.99%, depending on credit worthiness.
- Foreign Transaction Fees. If you travel abroad and spend $100, the card adds a foreign transaction fee to your total purchase. The 2-3% foreign transaction fees can add up quickly during an international vacation. Many credit card companies have eliminated foreign transaction fees.
- High Penalty Fees. You pay a $35 fee if you go over your credit card limit, make a late payment, or have a returned payment.
- Discounts Only Available at Gymboree. You do not receive the 5% discount when you shop at Crazy 8, Gymboree Play & Music, or Janie and Jack. However, purchases from these stores do qualify for the 1% reward.
This credit card is clearly a niche card, designed specifically for Gymboree customers. You can use the card in other places to receive a small reward. The card also has some nice perks, like the automatic travel insurance, no annual fee, and extension of warranties on your purchases. The card also carries steep expenses and fees, including an interest rate that varies 9% points depending on your credit worthiness, and $35 fees for late, over the limit, and returned payments.
If you already buy your children’s clothing at Gymboree, you will appreciate the 5% discount on every Gymboree purchase that you make, and the $10 Reward Card bonuses. The card benefits cardholders who pay off their balances each month. If you sometimes carry a balance or make a late payment, you won’t realize any real savings or rewards with the Gymboree Visa.
Do you have a Gymboree Visa card? What has your experience been like so far?