Learn more about this card and find out how you can apply here.
The Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card is a cash back credit card that charges a $39 annual fee and earns a flat, unlimited 1.5 % Cash Back on every purchase, every day. Cash back rewards can be redeemed for a variety of cash equivalents, including paper checks and statement credits.
Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card is among a relative handful of cash back credit cards without a sign-up bonus. On the other hand, this card has unusually lax credit requirements – prospects with average credit are welcome to apply. If you make timely, in full payments for at least five months following approval, you’re rewarded with a higher credit limit.
The Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card is similar to the Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business, which is basically a no-annual-fee version of this card. Popular alternatives include Citi Double Cash, BankAmericard Cash Rewards, members of the Discover it family, Chase Freedom, Barclaycard CashForward, and American Express Blue Cash Everyday.
Earning and Redeeming Rewards
The Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card card earns an unlimited 1.5 % Cash Back on every purchase, every day. There are no caps, restrictions, or tiered spending categories to worry about here. You can manually redeem accumulated rewards at any time and in any amount for statement credits, gift cards, or paper checks. If you prefer, you can schedule automatic redemptions that execute when you hit a specified cash back increment: $25, $50, $100, or $200.
This card charges a $39 annual fee. There is no foreign transaction fee or balance transfer fee, though it’s important to note that you’re not allowed to make balance transfers from existing Capital One accounts – including merchant-branded accounts, such as Kohl’s and GM. Cash advances cost $39. Late payments range Up to $35.
Capital One CreditWise
This card comes with access to Capital One CreditWise, a suite of credit-building and -education tools that includes a free credit score with your monthly statement. You can also access your score at any time through your online account dashboard.
Additional Cardholder Benefits
The QuicksilverOne card comes with a nice lineup of fringe benefits, including:
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- 24/7 emergency card replacement for lost cards or compromised accounts
- Complimentary collision and damage insurance on rental cars purchased with the card
This card requires average or fair credit. Capital One tolerates some blemishes on applicants’ credit histories.
- Accepts Applicants With Average Credit. One of the Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card‘s biggest benefits is its relatively lax credit standards for new applicants. Even if you have some dings on your credit profile, your application has a good chance of being accepted. That’s certainly not the case for the regular Quicksilver® card, nor for such competitors as Citi Double Cash and Barclaycard CashForward.
- Rewards Can Be Redeemed in Any Amount. Capital One doesn’t impose any limits on how or when you can manually redeem accumulated cash back – you can do so in any amount, at any time. That’s not the case for BankAmericard Cash Rewards, which imposes a $25 minimum redemption threshold.
- No Balance Transfer Fee or Foreign Transaction Fee. QuicksilverOne doesn’t charge balance transfer fees or a foreign transaction fee. Together, these two breaks can significantly reduce the cost of using this card, and render QuicksilverOne more attractive to people who travel internationally or need to transfer high-interest balances from other cards.
- No Penalty APR. The Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card doesn’t impose penalty interest. That’s great news for cardholders who occasionally miss payments, and a big differentiator relative to BankAmericard Cash Rewards, American Express EveryDay and Blue Cash Everyday, and Citi Double Cash.
- No Rotating Spending Categories or Manual Activation. The Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card‘s cash back system couldn’t be simpler: The card earns a flat, unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. You don’t have to worry about minding tiered spending categories or quarterly rotating categories, and there’s no manual activation hoop to jump through every 3 months. Notably, Discover it and Chase Freedom require manual activation for their quarterly 5% cash back categories.
- Has an Annual Fee. Though Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card‘s $39 annual fee is modest in the grand scheme of things, it’s still a disadvantage relative to the many cash back cards that have no annual fees at all. These include Discover it, Chase Freedom, Citi Double Cash, and many others.
- No Sign-up Bonus. Unlike many cash back cards, the Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card doesn’t offer a sign-up bonus. That’s a big disadvantage for new cardholders in search of an early cash boost. For a generous, attainable sign-up bonus, look to Chase Freedom, which offers $150 when you spend $500 within 3 months of account opening.
- High Regular APR. The Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card has a very high regular APR ( 24.99% ) which is well above the cash back category’s average. Cards like Discover it and BankAmericard Cash Rewards Card have much more manageable APRs for cardholders who like to carry balances.
- No Intro APR Promotion. Unlike the Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business, the Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card doesn’t have an introductory 0% APR promotion for purchases or balance transfers. That’s a drawback relative to many other cash back cards, including Citi Double Cash and Chase Freedom. Both give at least 15 months for purchases and balance transfers.
The Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card is one of the few cash back cards that openly advertises itself to applicants with average credit. Compared to Quicksilver®, its stablemate, this is a big benefit. That said, you shouldn’t expect your QuicksilverOne® account to come with a sky-high credit limit. If your credit isn’t great, your initial approval is likely to include a restrictive limit that invites you to prove yourself capable of using credit responsibly. If successful, you’ll be rewarded after some months with a higher credit limit – and, if all goes well, an invitation to apply for Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business, which has a lower regular APR and no annual fee.
Make sure to check out our other credit card reviews for more options, many of which have low fees, attractive rewards, and flexible terms.
Learn more about this card and find out how you can apply here.